• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Unofficial* New Zealand Black Caps Thread

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Ha ha. With NZ now with 4 good test seamers, it is sensible to get a top 6 guy who can bowl spin.

But ......

Oh, I though that was Paul Strang.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes except with wickets in U19 domestic, rather than completely new to trying.

It's a running gag regarding how often Craig Cumming will mention his big mits and how they're great for catching and putting some revs on the ball. Then he took 5/43 in really dry conditions to win a crucial match last season for Wellington. Wickets were R O'Donnell (tried to cut a wide one and nicked it), W O'Donnell (defending, through the gate), Horne (slogged out to cover), Lister (bat-pad) and Brown (c&b). Phillips took 4/70 in the same game.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Yes it's a little-known fact that there are no 'high on confidence, low on actual technical skill' dumb****s who could potentially slow down your career progression in Central Districts. Leopard and Clarkson will be catching up with Will Pucovski and Cameron Green in no time.
sorry, can't hear you over the flaying our batsmen have been giving bowlers around the country for the past ten years.

he'll get time in the middle here on respectable batting pitches without the true meme that is the auckland white ball batting production line.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Just don't ever drive into the big smoke to deliver fresh produce as bad as 2010's was, Phlegm. That's all we ask.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
that vegetable was the best red ball opener we had available during his time but shy, self conscious little nz was too frightened of being laughed at by the big kids they desperately want the approval of to take the risk and select him.

we gave the likes of daniel flynn, odi guptill and aaron redmond endless tests instead.

nzfan

Ingram the kiwi Sehwag. The man scored a lot of runs for CD those days. So did Jamie How. Jamie How could play and I thought he was going to be a sure success at international but never really went all that well.

Flem274*

123/5
too expensive to enlarge. you'd never get it through the council. parking would be a nightmare too, the festival of lights already makes seddon park look accessible. if we did expand it and retained the grounds character it obviously becomes new zealands showpiece test venue. the wider forest walks and cafes of the park, concerts at the bowl and its a 10 minute walk to the main street restaurants. hold a test during the festival of lights and concert season and it would be great.

but if we wanted test cricket, it's cheaper and easier to put it at the racecourse. the racecourse is already a nice little hub with the indoor basketball stadium and the forest walks of pukekura park right next to it.

i'd love to fund a full pukekura park revamp tho.

Flem274*

123/5
what does an nz odi seconds side look like? i'd never really thought about it before. here's my go, wc final side being my preferred firsts btw.

george worker
glenn phillips
devon conway
will young
mark chapman
daryl mitchell
dane cleaver (wk)
kyle jamieson
ish sodhi
jacob duffy (c)
hamish bennett

did you know jack boyle averages 48 from 25 games and ollie newton 21 from 20 games? because they do.

Moss

what does an nz odi seconds side look like? i'd never really thought about it before. here's my go, wc final side being my preferred firsts btw.

george worker
glenn phillips
devon conway
will young
mark chapman
daryl mitchell
dane cleaver (wk)
kyle jamieson
ish sodhi
jacob duffy (c)
hamish bennett

did you know jack boyle averages 48 from 25 games and ollie newton 21 from 20 games? because they do.
I know Blundell has modest List A stats and it’s too early in Rachin’s career, but would prefer having either of them to Worker (who admittedly has a solid List A record and was perhaps not given a good enough run in the side), if this is a side for internationals.

Moss

Should George worker be there ahead of Nicholls in ODI's?
While I have a feeling Nicholls will never fully convince as an ODI player (there will always be calls for someone with more of a power-hitting game to take his spot) he did answer the call well enough in the World Cup knockout games when the Guptill-Munro combination was a major problem. Played some good knocks against India last season too, so he can stay around for now.

Worker may feel a bit hard done by, but based on his last series as opener in the UAE I think we can do better in preparing for a subcontinent WC.