• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Unofficial* New Zealand Black Caps Thread

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
I've never quite understood why Worker and Rutherford are never spoken about. If domestic runs are a barometer then they both should be given a run you'd think but for some reason neither are given a decent run recently.

I wouldn't put past Ravindra to break into one day or the T20 team this year for Black Caps. His bowling with white ball is pretty good and he will score over others with his bowling.

nzfan

1606202072116.png

1606202212865.png

1606202402224.png

1606202437115.png

Just going through Devon Conway phenomena after landing in NZ. The South African domestic structure is quite hard to digest. Which of the above are actually proper first class?

His peak pretty much started in 2015-16 and has sustained it for several years now. Didn't know he played for Namibia. What's the connection there?

I wondered why initiation in T20 for Black Caps. I can't fault that, the man averages 54 in T20 for Wellington.

Pretty candid guy, when asked about his cricket in South Africa he point blank said he didn't take his chances and perform as well as he should so got a bit curious to check out his stats. His stats in South Africa looks fine IMO.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Just going through Devon Conway phenomena after landing in NZ. The South African domestic structure is quite hard to digest. Which of the above are actually proper first class?
Lions and Dolphins, which should explain his comments to you a bit more. When he got the chance to play 'real' cricket over there, he failed.

Didn't know he played for Namibia. What's the connection there?
Nah he just played in Namibia, because they fielded a team in the second tier three-day South African comp he was playing in at the time.

nzfan

Lions and Dolphins, which should explain his comments to you a bit more. When he got the chance to play 'real' cricket over there, he failed.

Nah he just played in Namibia, because they fielded a team in the second tier three-day South African comp he was playing in at the time.
Cheers.. now that makes sense.

nzfan

Selectors feeling a bit of heat for not picking Devon Conway and the articles floating about not picking him is strange. They come up with a why he wasn't picked soon enough. I'm fine with Young picked, he's in great touch at the moment.

nzfan

Six positive covid tests for the Pakistan squad in managed isolation apparently, two historical, four current.
Ouch... all of these players returned negative before they left from Pakistan. Does that mean they caught on their way to NZ? Makes you wonder how many of these came in contact with others on the flight and just after.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Ouch... all of these players returned negative before they left from Pakistan. Does that mean they caught on their way to NZ? Makes you wonder how many of these came in contact with others on the flight and just after.
Nah, the average incubation period of the virus is a week and overall, incubation period is known to vary anytime between 2 to 20 days. So it may well be that they caught it a few days or even a week before they started but it is only showing up now.

nzfan

Seriously? Shoaib Akthar lost his mind or something? He reckons Pakistan is the greatest nation in the world. So what about us? We ain't good?

6 players are reported to have tested positive and they've been roaming around in the lobby sharing food. Covid is well controlled here and if this gets out in the public our country will be in tatters. To hell with cricket, people's lives will be in danger. Is this man for real? It's a lapse from the players, even I understand anyone visiting our country have to stay put in your room after arrival upto 15 days. Is that hard to understand?

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
S

Seriously? Shoaib Akthar lost his mind or something? He reckons Pakistan is the greatest nation in the world. So what about us? We ain't good?

6 players are reported to have tested positive and they've been roaming around in the lobby sharing food. Covid is well controlled here and if this gets out in the public our country will be in tatters. To hell with cricket, people's lives will be in danger. Is this man for real? It's a lapse from the players, even I understand our anyone visiting our country understands you have to stay put in your room after arrival upto 15 days. Is that hard to understand?
Expecting Shoaib to not be a giant ****head is like expecting a bear not to **** in the woods.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Most of the full strength T20 team seems to be taking shape now, particularly given it's in India (and thus Sodhi is basically a lock):

1 Guptill
3 Williamson
4 Phillips
5 Taylor
6 Neesham
7 Santner
8 Jamieson
9 Sodhi
10 Ferguson
11 Boult

That opening spot is tricky. If they're not comfortable with Phillips keeping it'll be Seifert, but that seems rather silly to me given Seifert's keeping is dire anyway. Munro still has a great T20I record so he probably has the edge over Conway if they don't go with Seifert, but that could well come down to form at the time.

I'd be really tempted to drop Taylor tbh, but I don't think they'll consider it.

Bowling should be basically nailed on now, you'd think.

thierry henry

International Coach
I’m the biggest Taylor fan alive but I’d happily drop him from T20s...he’s just never been that good at T20I.

Also, I’ve said it more than enough by now but dropping Munro just makes no sense

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I’m the biggest Taylor fan alive but I’d happily drop him from T20s...he’s just never been that good at T20I.

Also, I’ve said it more than enough by now but dropping Munro just makes no sense
Yeah I'd drop Taylor and play both Munro and Conway. I can't see it happening though.