• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The "What Is He Smoking" Draft

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Team I ended up with:

01. Jack Hobbs
02. Wilfred Rhodes
03. Don Bradman*
04. Everton Weekes
05. Mike Hussey
06. Ollie Pope+
07. Matt Poore
08. Wahab Riaz
09. Dale Steyn
10. Joel Garner
11. Morne Morkel

Team I originally selected:

01. Don Bradman
02. Conrad Hunte
03. Don Bradman
04. Graeme Pollock
05. Viv Richards
06. Ricky Ponting
07. Steve Waugh*
08. Neil Harvey
09. Mike Hussey
10. Dale Steyn
11. Michael Holding

Game plan: Win the toss and bat!
Imagine bowling to that 2nd team - the joy of getting Bradman out only to see him replace by Bradman v2

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Actual Team

Matthew Hayden
Victor Trumper
Ian Chappell
Darryl Cullinan
Frank Worrell (*) (5)
Les Ames (+)
Wilfred Rhodes (4)
Shaun Pollock (1)
Basit Ali
Neil Wagner (3)
Neville Quinn (2)

Chosen Team

W. G. Grace (4)
Sid Barnes
Viv Richards (6)
Martin Crowe
Andy Flower
Frank Worrell (*) (5)
Victor Trumper
Les Ames (+)
Wilfred Rhodes (3)
George Hirst (1)
Neil Wagner (2)

12th Man: Ian Chappell

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Selected XI

Gordon Greenidge
Charles Macartney (5)
Don Bradman
Virat Kohli
Frank Worrell
Shoaib Malik (6)
Kapil Dev (3) (c)
Wally Grout (wk)
Stuart Broad (2)
Mitchell Starc (1)
Hugh Tayfield (4)

Glad to hear they appreciated the batting genius of Ryan Harris at least./

Edit - How did he do if you recall?
Scored low 20s in a losing cause against a Valleys side featuring Khawaja (who got out for not much), Wildermuth and Jack Leach (yes, that Jack Leach).

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Harris's bowling was regarded as being almost on parity with his bowling for years in Adelaide grade cricket.

Admittedly that was more of a reflection on his bowling in his early-mid 20s than his batting, but all the same.

Jarquis

Boycott
Goddard
Sangakkara
Warner
Trumper
Imran Khan
Modi
Andrews
Lillee
Murali
Roberts

Jarquis

Boycott
Goddard
Sangakkara
Kallis
Mitchell
Walters
Imran
Murali
Donald
Roberts
Anderson

Vaas

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Scored low 20s in a losing cause against a Valleys side featuring Khawaja (who got out for not much), Wildermuth and Jack Leach (yes, that Jack Leach).
Half solid effort then, just glad it didn't end up being a first-ball duck or something! Sounds a decent level of cricket too with those 3 names involved alongside Harris.

Harris's bowling was regarded as being almost on parity with his bowling for years in Adelaide grade cricket.

Admittedly that was more of a reflection on his bowling in his early-mid 20s than his batting, but all the same.
Glad I'm not the only one to have caught onto his supreme batting then!

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Malinda Warnapura
Billy Zulch
Kane Williamson
Brian Lara
Gill Langley
Taijul Islam
Andy Roberts
John Snow
Kerry O'Keefe
Allan Donald
Mushtaq Ahmed

Not my worst effort lol

stephen

I can't seem to find the scorecard unfortunately (mycricket didn't seem to record t20). It was before Wildermuth had debuted for Queensland but it was a good standard. Toombul had the former Queensland leg spinner play for them (I can't remember his name, the one before Swepson). Matt Renshaw, Luke Pomersbach and Chris Lynn may or may not have been playing as well.

Edit: Boyce

weeman27bob

International Regular
Actual team

1. Dick Spooner +
2. Mushtaq Ali
3. Seymour Nurse
4. Mushtaq Mohammad
5. Andy Flower
6. Corey Anderson
7. Ellyse Perry
8. Peter Willey
9. Graeme Swann
10. George Greary
11. Neil Adcock

Selected team

1. Chris Gayle
2. Tamin Iqbal
3. Steve Smith
4. Gary Sobers
5. Marcus North
6. Ian Botham
7. Alan Davidson
8. Peter Willey
9. Ellyse Perry +
10. Andre Nel
11. Stuart Binny

No recognised keeper in the selected XII that I know of, so Ellyse Perry comes in to fill that role, because she can do everything else so why not keep wicket.

anil1405

International Captain
When the voting thread is up I suggest everyone to vote for 3 average or worst teams (yes give it back to Stephen in 'what the **** is he smoking' way) while mentioning the best teams in comment section. Make him work a tad hard to count the votes manually from the comment section.

This is a bare minimum of what you guys can do to counter whatever he smoked while running the draft.

stephen

When the voting thread is up I suggest everyone to vote for 3 average or worst teams (yes give it back to Stephen in 'what the **** is he smoking' way) while mentioning the best teams in comment section. Make him work a tad hard to count the votes manually from the comment section.

This is a bare minimum of what you guys can do to counter whatever he smoked while running the draft.
Haha. This start actually had me working way harder than I do in normal drafts. You blokes getting it wrong all the time meant I had to dig up obscure cricketers for all y'all.

My favorites were Kerry O'Keeffe in the openers round and obviously Dick Spooner. I love that Ellyse Perry made her way into a few sides as well.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Herbert Sutcliffe
Vijay Hazare
Denis Compton
AB de Villiers
Ellyse Perry (c)
Aubrey Faulkner
John Ward (wk)
Malcolm Marshall
Shoaib Ahktar
Bill O'Reilly
Neil Adcock

Pothas

Vinoo Mankad
Cheteshwar Pujara
Don Bradman
Rohan Kanhai
Larry Gomes
Gary Sobers
Warren Lees
Ivan Barrow+
Michael Holding
Eddo Brandes
Roy Gilchrist

but we don't care about that team. It is all about this one:

Jack Hobbs
Ken Barrington
Don Bradman
Don Bradman
Don Bradman+
George Headley
Brian Lara
Gary Sobers
Derek Pringle
Dmitri Mascarenhas
Harold Larwood

Ravi Bopara (just misses out to one of the Bradmans)

I mean what more could you want?

One Bradman will work on his keeping and another will work on his leg spin, not that it will be needed with Ken Barrington and his 273 first class wickets.

Larwood was never afraid of some hard work.