• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand tour of Sri Lanka 2019

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
What's Hamish Rutherford doing in the NZ set-up still? Maybe he's done some good work in an overseas t20 thing but damn, throwback to 2013

bill8164

School Boy/Girl Captain
Great bowling but I still don't think the hat trick bowl was legal. Didn't really see any of Malinga's foot behind the line.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
What's Hamish Rutherford doing in the NZ set-up still? Maybe he's done some good work in an overseas t20 thing but damn, throwback to 2013
Was flown in from the UK because NZ didn't have 11 fit players to take the field. What this means for his international future, anyone's guess.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Who needs a flat stomach when you can bowl like that at 36?Malinga,what a legend.

For pure shock value this rather puts Herath's 5 for 3 against NZ in the world t20 in the shade.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I know I'm late to the party but just saw the highlights and we're all in agreement that the hat-trick ball was a no-ball right? There was definitely white line visible behind the heal on landing.

I actually don't mind that the 3rd ump let it go though, cricket needs this kind of spectacle.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Where did they pull that Seth Rance guy from? watched the highlights from the first T20 and thought he looked like an average club bowler

a little bit of handy inswing with the newey but mostly just slow and on a length
Part-time fireman Rance just swings it much more consistently these days than the more fashionable ones who bulked their bodies up and seemed to lose most of their lateral movement. Add to that the fact it was inland Sri Lanka under lights, conditions quite a bit more in favour of Rance than say Tickner. Milne went under the knife again last month (ankle).

Definitely look for Tickner to be in the T20 mix when there's a bouncy pitch on offer, but the guys once earmarked to be of at least some international use like Wheeler just aren't really giving the selectors any new ball swing or low tournament ERs to work with lately. Just speeds of 143-145 and pretty high tourney ERs.

Last edited: