• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand tour of Sri Lanka 2019

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Yep, primarily because Henry is a spud. Southee would have beat up Sri Lanka Bangers and Afghanistan and ended the tournament with decent enough figures.

It's unlikely he'd have had a good a game as Henry in the semi final but hey, lets not split hairs.
DOn't think you can really count either of these sides against Henry, implying they were easy beats. Sri Lanka beat the now World Champs and Bangladesh beat South Africa.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah they still need beating for sure, they just tend to struggle with medium pace swing in English conditions more than the other teams.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Where did they pull that Seth Rance guy from? watched the highlights from the first T20 and thought he looked like an average club bowler

a little bit of handy inswing with the newey but mostly just slow and on a length

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Rutherford into the squad..
I've been negative on recalling Rutherford in other formats in the past, but he actually deserves the chance in the T20 side. We all know he has excellent hand-eye and hits some attractive shots, and from domestic highlights he's not quite so reliant on slashing through point now. Has a licence to biff in T20 anyway.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Yeah Rutherford is a legit T20 player. Hit technical shortcomings aren't as apparent and tbf should really play a lot more in that format so we can rest Guptill at times. Hell, you could even make a case for him to be in the middle order regularly.