• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test, Edgbaston, Birmingham

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
sandpapergate was funny because of how holy and sacred australian cricket considers itself, but flibberty here almost seems insecure about it. he should be laughing, not getting wound up.
It was that attitude and the way they went at Trott and Broad which means they can't be forgiven. I guess you laugh off the underarm ball and think it was fair game.

Spikey

sandpapergate was funny because of how holy and sacred australian cricket considers itself, but flibberty here almost seems insecure about it. he should be laughing, not getting wound up.
well you see, he's not a very good poster

flibbertyjibber

Yeah this in spades. The self righteousness and pomposity of crickets most irritating nation being punctured was funny (and the enormous overreaction that followed even funnier) but people actually caring about it still now is a bit sad.
The characters involved matter more and their crocodile tears plus the fact they got away with it for years and made out the spirit of cricket was important and all that.

wrongun

Banned
Karma for sandpapergate.
Your understanding of Karma is incorrect. Maybe you should study eastern concepts before using them loosely. Karma literally translates into actions. The trios actions got them suspended and missed a years worth of cricket. The results of their actions was the outcome of their previous act. Simple as that. Australia’s lack of wickets today was due to bad umpiring, hesitation to use drs and faulty team selection. Has nothing to do with events from more than a year ago.

morgieb

jibber to me is probably the most "casual" cricket fan of the Poms here, less so in terms of how he watches the game but more of how he thinks about the game. I bet if you were reading much ****tier forums there'd be way more people thinking like flibberty.

flibbertyjibber

jibber to me is probably the most "casual" cricket fan of the Poms here, less so in terms of how he watches the game but more of how he thinks about the game. I bet if you were reading much ****tier forums there'd be way more people thinking like flibberty.
Bollocks and you know it.

Playing the poster not the post and all that.

Flem274*

123/5
sandpapergate is still funny tbh, and should rightly be brought up by hamilton white trash crowds to australian boundary fielders for the rest of this generation, but i dont see why you'd post so angrily about it.

i guess when your world cup tie was an umpire assisted fluke starring foreign born players and a mercenary fast bowler you get insecure.

wrongun

Banned
Why can we figure it out when they can't?

To add to the silliness, Cummins kept bowling a good length and wasn’t full enough...you always get a fidgety player to drive from over the wicket. Siddle was average, which is better than what I expected. Patty bowled well but didn’t ave enough support. Who knows how different this game would have been if Paine simply reviewed that lbw. Would’ve been umpires call at best. As Waugh said in the PG PC, Aus need to come out all guns blazing tomorrow morning. Paine use of the new ball was criminal. He better buck up.

91Jmay

International Coach
The characters involved matter more and their crocodile tears plus the fact they got away with it for years and made out the spirit of cricket was important and all that.
Pretty sure everyone (England probably more than most) got away with stuff like that for years, Aussies just had a "brain"trust that included Dave Warner so naturally they were the ones who got caught.

flibbertyjibber

sandpapergate is still funny tbh, and should rightly be brought up by hamilton white trash crowds to australian boundary fielders for the rest of this generation, but i dont see why you'd post so angrily about it.

i guess when your world cup tie was an umpire assisted fluke starring foreign born players and a mercenary fast bowler you get insecure.
Name on cup?

No insecurity

flibbertyjibber

Pretty sure everyone (England probably more than most) got away with stuff like that for years, Aussies just had a "brain"trust that included Dave Warner so naturally they were the ones who got caught.
Probably right but they make out they so pure and it was a one off that they need hammering for it.

Remember the SPIRIT OF CRICKET lark they went on about for years?

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Smith etc had a whole nation of jibber’s piling on them at the time

Meanwhile, people who actually know something about the game (Faf, Kohli etc) thought that the punishment was ridiculous

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
To add to the silliness, Cummins kept bowling a good length and wasn’t full enough...you always get a fidgety player to drive from over the wicket. Siddle was average, which is better than what I expected. Patty bowled well but didn’t ave enough support. Who knows how different this game would have been if Paine simply reviewed that lbw. Would’ve been umpires call at best. As Waugh said in the PG PC, Aus need to come out all guns blazing tomorrow morning. Paine use of the new ball was criminal. He better buck up.
Or if the lbw had been given correctly in the first place. But Paine, to me, comes across as a really listless captain and not one who's likely to strong decisions. I expect more of the same when play commences.