• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test, Edgbaston, Birmingham

King Pietersen

International Captain
Burns looks way more comfortable this morning than he did against Ireland. Left the ball much better early on and has played his shots with much more conviction. No doubt he'll nick off in a minute now I've said that, but looks way less of a walking wicket than he did against Ireland.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well he isn't an LO hack who's been shoehorned into proper cricket at least. Good to see him leave stuff outside off.

Uppercut

Some of the stuff on Twitter is quite funny. It's almost as if any runs scored by the openers are some sort of bonus.
Jason Roy has somehow gone from England's Great New Hope to a shrivelled turd in the space of one test against Ireland where he batted quite well.

vcs

I'm looking forward to seeing more of Pattinson's bowling. Didn't watch much of him in 2011-2013 apart from a handful of cracking spells in the Homework-gate series.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jason Roy has somehow gone from England's Great New Hope to a shrivelled turd in the space of one test against Ireland where he batted quite well.
Realistically Roy is a guy who will get the odd quick fifty, not do much otherwise. I'd be a lot more afraid of him if he was batting down the order, same as how Finch bats five in the FC stuff.

Burgey

Hopefully Patto will do a number on Ellen here. If he goes cheap they won’t make 150