• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test, Edgbaston, Birmingham

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Here we go... it's skinny Pete.

I wish Patto and Cummins still remembered how to angle the seam for the outswinger.

BSM

U19 Cricketer
On the subject of there actually being few good openers in test cricket right now, it'd be interesting to see the records of every opener that has played test matches in England recently, because I can't really remember anyone dominating for a while

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lol yesterday the Pommie comms called that a thick edge. Today it’s a “glide.” ****s

Starfighter

On the subject of there actually being few good openers in test cricket right now, it'd be interesting to see the records of every opener that has played test matches in England, because I can't really remember anyone dominating for a while
That's a bloody long list.

Starfighter

Pattinson has definitely lost a yard of pace but his control is outstanding.
Would be nice if he still had the pace, but on your seventieth stress fracture it probably is time to ease up a little. I thought he didn't seem quite as physically threatening to batsmen in the shield etc. this year as previous years.

Starfighter

Look at that graphic for the mixed action - you'll notice the shoulders are more open at back foot contact, not more closed as commonly believe.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Root batting in Braille. Worst fall from grace by a batsman since Ponting from about 2009

Spark

Global Moderator
Interesting series of tweets from Cameron White here:

Cameron White @CameronWhite152
3m
1/3 S.Smith - Unless the pitch is seaming (specifically you need to seam it in to have any chance), or there are cracks in the wicket and the ball is keeping low off them, (which is rare in the UK), he’s too good. His head and left leg/ side never over commit. Combine that with

Cameron White
@CameronWhite152
2/3 elite decision making. It’s pure. Last ditch is left arm in swing. (Trent boult has him 4 times BUT SS still ave’s 50 against him) It’s batting art to watch.

Conversely Bancroft is still worried about lbw. No technique adjustment. Front foot still goes across, therefore

Cameron White @CameronWhite152
1m
3/4. it forces his hands out in front and he squares up. Combine that with Broad’s very skilful slight leg cut and it does not bode well for the rest of the series.
#ashes2019 #ashes. #AusvsEng