• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stokes Arrested

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Actually, he was not banned. He was deemed unselectable while the investigation was going on. Don't instantly bring him back in. Who ya gonna drop for that thug anyway?

6-12 months ban should help him turn over a new leaf. Smith/Warner had harsh treatment in order to teach him and others a lesson so why shouldn't Stokes? Who, actually did something far worse!
Woakes, the guy who can't play well if it isn't Lord's.

Was his place to begin with so he should return if they deem him fit and ready.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I suppose I'm in the minority in finding him a chavy yob who shouldn't represent England.
So I guess this means you do want the "right types of people from the right families" playing for England then Kennedy?

The hypocrisy in some of your stances is amazing tbh.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
So I guess this means you do want the "right types of people from the right families" playing for England then Kennedy?

The hypocrisy in some of your stances is amazing tbh.
What? You mean I should want somebody who beats two guys up and telling a pack of lies about his homophobia in court, not to mention mocking a child with disabilities, to represent England (or Durham)? You mean I should want this to be not seen as ''hypocritical''? I'm a Durham supporter and I find Stokes (and Hales) utterly vile. Shouldn't be let anywhere near the team that Hobbs, Hammond and Hutton once played in.

Moonsorrow999

U19 Debutant
What? You mean I should want somebody who beats two guys up and telling a pack of lies about his homophobia in court, not to mention mocking a child with disabilities, to represent England (or Durham)? You mean I should want this to be not seen as ''hypocritical''? I'm a Durham supporter and I find Stokes (and Hales) utterly vile. Shouldn't be let anywhere near the team that Hobbs, Hammond and Hutton once played in.
Totally reasonable mate, Adders is just a troll.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Funny how the 2 guys that you're adamant he was homophobic agains have told ITV that they were thankful he'd stepped in to defend them isn't it?

You're so full of **** and talk so much crap about things that you clearly don't know anything about.

Camo999

State 12th Man
Damn. Was hoping to see Marlon saluting as Stokes was led to the slammer

Ah well. Marlon releasing debut single is no less intriguing. And it prob won't be too long until Stokes' next stuff up anyway.

Engle

State Vice-Captain
Funny how the 2 guys that you're adamant he was homophobic agains have told ITV that they were thankful he'd stepped in to defend them isn't it?

You're so full of **** and talk so much crap about things that you clearly don't know anything about.
Kai Barry : " When I realised who he was, I thought, fair play, because he's obviously put his career at risk for someone that he never knew. I'd say thanks for being there, and sorry for all the drama I've landed you in."

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Might be an unpopular opinion but IMO Stokes has suffered enough punishment for what was simply a drunken brawl where nobody was permanently damaged

Having been through a couple of court cases myself, I can tell you that they are one of the most mentally debilitating things that one can experience.

He'd have to be a cyborg not to have been panic stricken for months

The process effects you 24/7 and makes it almost impossible to live a normal life until well after its conclusion

And in my case, I was 100% sure that I was in the right, wasn't facing time in the slammer if it went **** up and didnt face any public scrutiny

Time to move on

Gnske

I can't tell if it's bait, but it's odd how some people seem keen on a jail punishment for him.

social

Hes a total spud.
True but that's not a crime

Having said that, if I was running the national team, he wouldn't be anywhere near the England setup for the foreseeable future as he's a repeat offender

No need to ban him (could possibly be challenged anyway), just don't pick him until he has proven that he can act like a civilized human being for an extended period

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I'll pose this question to you. The ECB deem cricket ''too boozy, too male and too white''. They are creating a political correct variant of cricket called the 100 which will aim to attract ''mums and kids'' and ethnic minorities - I suppose homosexuals are included. Now if Ben Stokes (or Alex Hales) is playing for that cricket team there is no way a homosexual could support that cricket team following that CCTV footage.
fmd how are you not banned

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!

did he really though? Pure speculation here but seems more likely he was just off his face looking for a fight and took the opportunity, and couldn't have cared less about this couple of guys he was "defending"

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Might be an unpopular opinion but IMO Stokes has suffered enough punishment for what was simply a drunken brawl where nobody was permanently damaged

Having been through a couple of court cases myself, I can tell you that they are one of the most mentally debilitating things that one can experience.

He'd have to be a cyborg not to have been panic stricken for months

The process effects you 24/7 and makes it almost impossible to live a normal life until well after its conclusion

And in my case, I was 100% sure that I was in the right, wasn't facing time in the slammer if it went **** up and didnt face any public scrutiny

Time to move on
Oh poor baby, my heart bleeds for him. How will innocent defenceless little Stokes ever cope.