• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand 2018

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
All is not lost for the day....

6.20 pm "All covers now off at @edenparknz. We are hoping for play to be back underway at the end of the scheduled dinner break at 7pm. Turf staff doing all they can to ready the ground. Umpires set to do an inspection at 6.50pm," the BlackCaps tweet.

6.00 pm The covers are coming off, in the hope that a few more overs can be squeezed in before the forecast for the rest of the day proves true. The Met radar had said there were more showers inbound

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ah, by the time they wait to inspect, the next wave of rain will be due. Covers have been off for 40 minutes and they piss around nearly an hour before an inspection. Eden Park is a great draining ground, so why piss around so long?

Kirkut

International Regular
Craig Overton will forever be remembered for his 33*, an ATG knock, a soldier who stood amidst the storm.

Need to work harder on Bhogle jargons.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Here we see potentially a little problem with d/n cricket in this part of the world - even when you have a really good draining ground like Eden Park, the surface just can't dry quickly enough after sundown.

Forecast for tomorrow looks really shoddy too.

veganbob

U19 Captain
Great to see nicholls silencinv his haterz again. He will be the regular number 5 in both tests and odis for a few years. Underrated player. Weirdly has a lot of haters in these forums

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
It has begun (jk I know you previously rated KW above Root as well)
Lol to be honest I miss CW when we had Official A vs B comparison debates dominating Cricket Chat. Big 4 talk is the closest thing we have to Tendulkar vs Lara vs Ponting or Warne vs Murali back in the good old days. So I do my bit to start a fire every now and then :cool:

Stapel

International Regular
Here we see potentially a little problem with d/n cricket in this part of the world - even when you have a really good draining ground like Eden Park, the surface just can't dry quickly enough after sundown.

Forecast for tomorrow looks really shoddy too.
What I was wondering:
The autumn has started. Season is basically over, not? I know I am a bit further north (Holland) than you are south, but having cricket matches by the start of October seems very odd.

Larwood's_boots

U19 Debutant
Two days of storms by all accounts, meaning likely England may only need to bat for three sessions to hold out for the draw. Not sure how I'd feel about that result as an England fan, releived obviously but it might paper over the cracks and prevent the severe kick up the backsides that are needed for the chaps in charge of the test team...

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Ah, by the time they wait to inspect, the next wave of rain will be due. Covers have been off for 40 minutes and they piss around nearly an hour before an inspection. Eden Park is a great draining ground, so why piss around so long?
#justcricketthings

Furball

Evil Scotsman

Felt like it was actually pretty special to sit down fairly square of the wicket just as the sun was disappearing, with a beer, watching Kane & Ross bat. Much different atmosphere to a day test.
This is a great picture.

Only nitpick is that the stand opposite is too 'sports ground' as opposed to 'cricket ground' (yes I'm aware that rugby is played at Eden Park.)

Reckon some of the grounds in South Africa would give you some incredible sunset shots.

Larwood's_boots

U19 Debutant
just taken a look at the forecast and a draw looks very likely
Still gonna probably have to bat out a day or so, which given the first innings I wouldn't exactly describe as 'very likley' :laugh:

Like I say, hopefully heads will still roll even if they can salvage a seriously lucky draw- shouldn't be allowed to paper over the huge cracks in our test team that have existed for a while now.

Athlai

Not Terrible
We could get a few overs today if we are lucky. We need to get that lead up to 250-300 and then have a bowl.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Great to see nicholls silencinv his haterz again. He will be the regular number 5 in both tests and odis for a few years. Underrated player. Weirdly has a lot of haters in these forums
lol. There's no Nicholls haters here - only those observing that against international standard bowling he's always looked rubbish aside from 1 freak innings against SA. If he can show that wasn't a fluke I'm happy to say he's proved me wrong