• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand 2018

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Reminder that Nicholls is still a hack and only cool kids can recognize downhill skis from champs.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Has he been moving his feet today at least? I'd get on the Nicholls express but he's usually painful to watch.
He looks like he's trying with every fibre of his being but doesn't quite have the genetic toolkit to be a test batsman. Still, if it works I will eat me some words.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
He seems like most of his game is mental and an stubbornness to make runs and not get out. No real technique. There's room in Test cricket for those kind of players, so long as their deficiencies aren't so bad they get exploited by average bowlers.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A few people commenting on how little swing England found. Obviously the length is part of it, but I think technique is a problem too. One thing I noticed is that when you compare Anderson with Boult, the angle of the seam when Anderson releases the ball is way larger - it's probably at about 40 degrees, whereas Boult's only about half of that. A wider seam angle works with the Duke, but isn't ideal with the Kookaburra. I remember him having similar problems in 2012/13, which was one of the only occasions I can remember when he didn't rip us to shreds..
Shows how dumb he is that he hasn’t learned.

_Ed_

Wow, you wouldn't guess this is Watling's first test innings in 12 months. Playing some gorgeous shots.

Zinzan

Forecast looks a shocker for the next 3 days too. Be a real shame if it ends up a tame draw.
If we can just get two days play it should be enough. 50 overs batting to try to get the lead to 300, and then 125 overs to bowl them out.