• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand 2018

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Heh, Ian Smith discussing people on-camera in the corporate boxes.

"Haven't met that waitress either, wouldn't mind she got some lovely..."

(oh god what is he going to say)

"pies."

That's Ian Smith!
In fairness Smithy is always going to mention food. Bumble on the other hand...

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Great to see nicholls silencinv his haterz again. He will be the regular number 5 in both tests and odis for a few years. Underrated player. Weirdly has a lot of haters in these forums
Nicholls I reckon he can establish as a decent test player for NZ but not by his pure talent, but due to lack of regular supply of good middle order players from NZ domestic scenes to Intl. I see Nicholls is out of place in ODI cricket (may be his batting position is too low ).. Although he is committed as someone told in this thread, it is not yielding results for NZ.

Last edited:

veganbob

U19 Captain
Nicholls I reckon he can establish as a decent test player for NZ but not by his pure talent, but due to lack of regular supply of good middle order players from NZ domestic scenes to Intl. I see Nicholls is out of place in ODI cricket (may be his batting position is too low ).. Although he is committed as someone told in this thread, it is not yielding results for NZ.
Odi avg 33 with a strike rate of 85, not bad for a nz middle order batsman.

His test avg vs "quality" bowling ( Aus and sa) is 10 runs per innings higher than flat track/weak bowling attack bully tom latham.

The Hutt Rec

New Zealand must be the only country that shows replays of their national side's humiliating defeats during rain breaks.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wahey, resuming in 40 minutes - unless it rains again between now and then, of course.

Moss

So frustrating. Not just because NZ are in a dominating position (as was the case in that rained off 3rd test against South Africa last year), but also given this is one of 4 freaking test matches for the summer.

BeeGee

International Captain
I'm confidently predicting a full day's play tomorrow and Monday. Will that be enough for a result? It should be.

91Jmay

International Coach
"England meet singer Ed Sheeran on the sidelines of a dismal first Test in Auckland"

Looks like I'll be roaring on Boult, Williamson et al from now on then.