• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2017/18

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Going across the border to Wales?

Funnily enough I saw a friend who I knew is a Coventry season ticket holder a few weeks after the final last year and asked how he enjoyed it. Turns out he'd booked a holiday and missed the game. He also did the same thing in 1987...
Spain, if it Wales I would leave the sheep alone and get to London.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Verratti and Motta being called dross ffs. One of the worst things I've ever read. They'd have probably done the business with a better coach. Emery is alright but he's been successful in the past with a different kind of football to what PSG want to play and what they built under Ancelotti and Blanc.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Fantastic result. Not even Martin Keown trying to imply Wilshere is the player Özil wishes he could be ruined it.

vcs

Saw the first half and Arsenal looked great. Can't believe they're the same team who've been so poor recently. Hope Wenger wins this and leaves, however the quality of teams left in the competition is much higher than what Man Utd. came up against last year, so it won't happen.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sad but probably sensible.

We got rid of ours a couple of years back, obviously it is hard to judge if it has really worked yet but early signs are very good.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah I remember, Huddersfield too I think so clearly decent precedents. Just sad, so many of my favourite players were products of that academy. Jason Koumas, Ryan Taylor, Kenny Irons, Clint Hill. Up the leagues now you’ve got Cresswell doing well at West Ham and Max Power is making a decent name for himself.

In fairness Cresswell is an example of someone that could work under our new proposal too, we got him when he was released from one of Liverpool or Everton (can’t remember) in his mid teens. What’s the point is spending money developing players before that when they can be taken for free anyway?

Times change and you have to adapt. Not going up last year was a hammer blow. Only going to get worse I feel as well.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah I remember, Huddersfield too I think so clearly decent precedents. Just sad, so many of my favourite players were products of that academy. Jason Koumas, Ryan Taylor, Kenny Irons, Clint Hill. Up the leagues now you’ve got Cresswell doing well at West Ham and Max Power is making a decent name for himself.

In fairness Cresswell is an example of someone that could work under our new proposal too, we got him when he was released from one of Liverpool or Everton (can’t remember) in his mid teens. What’s the point is spending money developing players before that when they can be taken for free anyway?

Times change and you have to adapt. Not going up last year was a hammer blow. Only going to get worse I feel as well.
I've read the statement and the system you guys operate in sounds ****ing bonkers.

Uppercut

Look what happens when you pick Rashford.
I’m in love with the chop for his first.

Not a great look for Pogba when we’re this good without him. His limitations are an area where I totally disagree with the data crowd.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Yeah it is a real shame when you have that sort of tradition (not something we had) but as you say there is just no point, taking players released from big clubs is just so much more profitable, got to think it is the way a lot of clubs will go. Bees have a mix of those and young players brought in from Europe and a couple from Scotland.