• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2017/18

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They have Danilo too. Some combination of Danilo+Delph+Zinchenko is solid backup. It'll be difficult to find a major upgrade that would be satisfied with the game time they'd get, though I guess they could try. But the only top-six side in (arguably) better shape there is Spurs, and I don't think they'll hold on to Rose after this summer.

I think Citeh might be better off preparing for David Silva's decline. That might mean signing someone to play there (one of Shakhtar's Brazilians maybe?) or playing Bernardo there and signing another right-winger. Could be a good time to swap out Aguero for a younger striker too.

Burgey

At roughly what point does the WC subforum open up? Always find them a lot of fun. Learn a lot about the different sides in the lead up

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
At roughly what point does the WC subforum open up? Always find them a lot of fun. Learn a lot about the different sides in the lead up
Usually not far from now I guess. My excitement for it won’t really start until another season ends in heartbreak though

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
They have Danilo too. Some combination of Danilo+Delph+Zinchenko is solid backup. It'll be difficult to find a major upgrade that would be satisfied with the game time they'd get, though I guess they could try. But the only top-six side in (arguably) better shape there is Spurs, and I don't think they'll hold on to Rose after this summer.

I think Citeh might be better off preparing for David Silva's decline. That might mean signing someone to play there (one of Shakhtar's Brazilians maybe?) or playing Bernardo there and signing another right-winger. Could be a good time to swap out Aguero for a younger striker too.
They definitely plan on signing a winger, the pursuits of Sanchez and then Mahrez indicate that. Strong mail that City will be after Leon Bailey in the summer from a lot of ITK's. Bernardo is definitely the planned David replacement IMO. In regards to the wing-back thing, I do think they'll be on the look for a backup LB but I think they might try and make it a home-grown player. Not sure who that is, though. There is definitely enough games to go around if this season is any indication.

After this fantastic season I imagine Aguero will be staying until his contract is up, which is another 2 seasons after this one I think. I doubt the club would dare to sell him, backlash would be immense, but I guess it's possible. If he does go I really hope it's either to Athletico or back to Argentina, don't think I could stomach him in a Real shirt.

Last edited:

vcs

Ronaldo always finds form in the CL knockout rounds. Real Madrid will be tough to get past, perfectly constructed team for knockout ties.

Uppercut

It's weird how functional RM and Barca are this year. Might be the first time ever that both of them are better defensively than going forward.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
PSG are poor in midfield. What they're doing with a spud like Motta and a bottler like Verratti is beyond me.

Uppercut

PSG are poor in midfield. What they're doing with a spud like Motta and a bottler like Verratti is beyond me.
They're weak everywhere but up front. I had really fancied them to go through, but then I saw their lineup for the first game and realised a combined XI would just be Real Madrid's entire team with Neymar and Mbappe shoehorned in.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I'm a big fan of Rabiot, but you can't sorround him with dross.

Wouldn't be surprised if Draxler leaves in summer, he's wasting himself on the bench.

Uppercut

I like Rabiot but he's more of an exciting prospect than someone who can be expected to compete with Kroos+Modric+Casemiro right now. I like Verratti too fwiw.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I like Rabiot but he's more of an exciting prospect than someone who can be expected to compete with Kroos+Modric+Casemiro right now. I like Verratti too fwiw.
Verratti isn't a big game player. He was woeful in Barcelona last season and he chucked it last night with a stupid red card.

He's talented, but I don't think he has the mental strength to be a truly top player.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
When your team get to a Wembley final and you can't go as you are in another country. :@
Going across the border to Wales?

Funnily enough I saw a friend who I knew is a Coventry season ticket holder a few weeks after the final last year and asked how he enjoyed it. Turns out he'd booked a holiday and missed the game. He also did the same thing in 1987...