• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2017/18

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This was bound to happen after Thilan Samaraweera just barely managed to survive against him for a whole over.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Just noticed Jackson Bird limped off the field mid over yesterday, and seemingly hasn't returned. Not sure if this may put his place on the South Africa tour in doubt.
I am pretty concerned with all the backups:Handscomb Bird Richardson Holland.

Starfighter

NSW in big trouble now. Five down and Copeland taking a big blow from Richardson on the arm and retiring hurt.

Cameron White has now decided to use his runs quota. SA will be a bit disappointed, but nice 5 for Winter.

Tassie foundering as usual.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Seems like a hammy strain for Bird, he will be going for scans today. If he was ruled out then logically Sayers should be next in line, but I have a bad feeling the selectors will go for Luke Feldman or something else ridiculous like that.

Starfighter

Richardson celebrating his being in the test squad by seeing how far he can bounce the ball over the batsman's head.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Seems like a hammy strain for Bird, he will be going for scans today. If he was ruled out then logically Sayers should be next in line, but I have a bad feeling the selectors will go for Luke Feldman or something else ridiculous like that.
Just say that Sayers isn't in the selectors thoughts it really does get tricky to see who they would pick next. Obviously Siddle is an option (yes I know his Shield record is ordinary this season) but it is hard to pick anyone else who is currently fit that you would expect to actually do a better job than P.Siddle if they were to play a Test match in RSA.

Gnske

I like Seb Gotch being in this Vic squad and not wicketkeeping, it's about time his true talent was realized.

Gob

International Coach
Just say that Sayers isn't in the selectors thoughts it really does get tricky to see who they would pick next. Obviously Siddle is an option (yes I know his Shield record is ordinary this season) but it is hard to pick anyone else who is currently fit that you would expect to actually do a better job than P.Siddle if they were to play a Test match in RSA.
Please don't

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
This is too good

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
the weirdest thing about that nufan post is that he posted right after Matthew Wade destroyed the qld batting order

social

So Social Jnr, who has previously shown ZERO ability with the bat, has suddenly gone nuts

In his previous match, it was his turn to open and he got 72* before retiring after 25 balls

Today he scored 40 off 11 before running himself out on the first time he left his crease and followed it up with 12 off 2 when they batted again

I'm not going to pretend that the standard is great (it's under 12s) or that he's the next big thing but for a kid whose bat had never previously been in the same postcode as the ball, it's left me feeling seriously chuffed