• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2017/18

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah would be disappointed if Richardson makes the Ashes squad ahead of Sayers. Could maybe cop it if all of the Big 4 was fit, but even then I'd think Sayers would fare better in England than Bird.

morgieb

In any case wouldn't visa issues be a worry for Sayers? Maybe the fact that he's been on international tours/12th man before might help but IIRC you need to play internationals to get a work permit.

Which is silly as long as you have a restriction on overseas players (which county cricket already does) but there you go.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Used to happen all the time. Prior to George, obviously there’s Harris (though he wasn’t poached but dudded by SACA in contracts, really. Same with Cosgrove.) Going back a bit further, Lehmann and Nobles had seasons in Victoria and they tried hard to steal Hookesy too.
Yeah, getting rid of Harris just as he started to get quick was certainly not SACA's brightest decision.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't know where else to talk about this did I'll do it here.

After reading the cricinfo article on Maxwell it strikes me that he is treated as a special case. It's quite obvious that Lehmann/Smith don't really like him a lot, or at least don't get him.

Then you put him under a guy like Ponting and he starts performing. I really feel strongly that Lehmann was necessary as a coach for a while - his attitude was needed to settle the team after the Arthur debacle. However, that time is past. In fact the entire leadership group needs a shakeup.

Unfortunately I haven't been impressed at all with Smith's leadership. I think Warner is a better tactician and leader. He's certainly put in the effort to change from his stupid youth days. I think he should be given the captaincy in all forms, with Finch deputising in the short forms and Paine in the long form.

I'd like to see Ponting come in as national coach. If he won't do it then maybe Gillespie would be a good option.

Either way, I think we will slide as a team of we keep the current hierarchy.

We're now ranked 3rd in tests, 5th in ODIs and 7th in T20. That's appalling really.

Gnske

A very tough ball for Wade has unfortunately dismissed him it seems. A vicious ball, unplayable down legside that was so juiced all Wade could do was prod at it.

Tough days

Gnske

He could take 140 wickets for the season at an average of 5 and still not get in the Ashes squad ahead of whichever latest 150kph bowling tearaway has played a few games in the Shield.
Well, he's definitely no Jhye Richardson with the ball. His cause was lost before it was even realized.

Gnske

Neser should get a gimmicky county gig just for how he makes the Dukes sing like a drunk fat lady.

Starfighter

This is a great spell by Feldman. When will CA wake and realise that cricket is about fifty times better when the ball is moving in the air?

Starfighter

The other thing about the ball moving a lot in the air is the inevitable last wicket partnership with four dozen plays and misses. And as I type Doggett finally gets one to move on the correct line and ends it.

Burgey

Lyon into the attack. he's going to be really important if NSW is to keep this WA total under control.