• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All time world ODI XI game

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think people are saving their Waqar votes for first change

Statsguru is quite useful for this though

I'm going for MSD, Pollock and Waqar
I thought about Waqar (and Lee) but went Bond at the 11th hour. But yeah, am a bit surprised.

Originally picked Donald but am saving him for first change (as he didn't really open the bowling much at ODI level)

Pollock gets in because of his batting, his bowling is comparable to a few but the fact that he'll be a handy 8 at the worst swings it.

cnerd123

likes this
Vaas getting overlooked is more surprising. Where were all those ****s who were trying to preach that Vaas was some sort of ATG amazing left arm bowler? Why aren't they voting for him now?

Victor Ian

International Coach
As a batsman, yeah. If that's what you mean by total package
Do we consider whether players are likely to be injured when selecting them. Bond is awesome but do we toss a coin and see if he's available for the team. In the total package, with no 12th man, I think durability matters as much as abilities.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I mean there are other players who were as good as Bond and had a full career. Hadlee, Holding, Waqar, Ambrose etc...

Not disrespecting Bond's accomplishments but others were just as good for longer.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I mean there are other players who were as good as Bond and had a full career. Hadlee, Holding, Waqar, Ambrose etc...

Not disrespecting Bond's accomplishments but others were just as good for longer.
Exactly. I mean Starc's career is already as long as Bond's and arguably with slightly better performance than Bond's. And Starc is clearly not the best option we have.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
World ODI First XI

Adam Gilchrist + Shane Watson
Sachin Tendulkar
Viv Richards
Virat Kohli
AB DeVilliers
Michael Bevan
Kapil Dev MS Dhoni +
Wasim Akram
Joel Garner
Muttiah Muralitharan
Glenn McGrath
My ATG team differs from chosen one in only 2 players as indicated above. Close enough.