• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
For what it's worth, here's my take on Kohli this series

In the lead-up and during the commentary of the first test, there were numerous comments from former players and paid BCCI shills as to how he was the world's best batsman

IMO, he took this to heart, genuinely thought that this would be the series he ascended to the throne and put massive pressure upon himself to do so.

When it didn't happen and, to make matters worse, Smith showed him up, he lost it

With the benefit of hindsight, it was all too apparent early on

After all, when was the last time you saw a world class batsman dismissed without playing a shot twice in 2 tests?

Just about never

Bijed

International Regular
After all, when was the last time you saw a world class batsman dismissed without playing a shot twice in 2 tests?
Mike Hussey in the 2009 ashes?

Also, I think there's merit in your theory, Kohli certainly seems the type who would pile pressure on himself like that. Not that it excuses his conduct, of course.

Spark

Global Moderator
Mike Hussey in the 2009 ashes?

Also, I think there's merit in your theory, Kohli certainly seems the type who would pile pressure on himself like that. Not that it excuses his conduct, of course.
Mussey came immediately to mind for me as well

indiaholic

International Captain
If anybody piled pressure on himself, it was Smith. Publicly said that his team will perform well if he scores heavily.

Spark

Global Moderator
If anybody piled pressure on himself, it was Smith. Publicly said that his team will perform well if he scores heavily.
Which goes to show that this is all well and good if you score runs, rather than putting up a series long Rob Quiney.

Spark

Global Moderator
Which is another way of saying what i said yesterday: it's disappointing that after a series for the ages, so much attention continues to be demanded by its single poorest participant.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Which is another way of saying what i said yesterday: it's disappointing that after a series for the ages, so much attention continues to be demanded by its single poorest participant.
Fact is that after averaging 12 in England and 9 at home, he isnt even in the discussion as to who the best batsman is and never will be

Shame as he is a magnificent player

For a **** that is

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ffs when I first read the quote I thought he said he was wrong about calling Australia cheats and was all ready to praise him.

WAFC. I genuinely dislike him intensely now, never had such dislike for a player.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
you would think someone would take him out back behind the sheds and sort him out like they do in Oz
How would that work out though? He;s too powerful and used to being unquestionable. I don't think he lives in reality, he's delusional and if someone disagreed with him he'd assume they're wrong and out to get him or something.

A lot of speculation here but it's a tough situation. Sort of like being Justin Bieber's manager. The kid has no idea what is actually going on in reality but you have to cater to his every whim

anil1405

International Captain
Combined XI

Lokesh Rahul
Matt Renshaw
Cheteshwar Pujara
Steve Smith (C)
Ajinkya Rahane
Wriddhiman Saha (Wk)
Ravindra Jadeja
Ravichandran Ashwin
Pat Cummins
Umesh Yadav
Nathan Lyon/Josh Hazlewood

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
Kohli at it again lol. He's making the same point about armchair experts not voicing their opinions again which be made during the South Africa series. Guess this forum might as well shut down. What the **** do we know anyway ?

Spark

Global Moderator
Combined XI

Lokesh Rahul
Matt Renshaw
Cheteshwar Pujara
Steve Smith (C)
Ajinkya Rahane
Wriddhiman Saha (Wk)
Ravindra Jadeja
Ravichandran Ashwin
Pat Cummins
Umesh Yadav
Nathan Lyon/Josh Hazlewood
Smith has to bat 3 surely. Also Lyon plays over Ashwin, despite the weaker batting (because it's not like Ashwin did anything with the bat either)