• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in New Zealand 2016/2017

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just when I was about to say I can't see where we're going to get wickets without scoreboard pressure today. And then he gives it away like that. Late xmas gift that.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
I reckon McClenaghan's been a bit stiff too tbh. Easy to forget he was 2nd fastest to 50 wickets in ODI history & then he had admittedly had that bad spell when he was very loose. He's since been excellent at T20 level both for NZ & in the IPL, so like to think he's not too far down the pecking order. Still has something to offer for mine.
Don't think he's been dropped at any stage, he's just had a bad run of injuries. Definitely not playing at the moment, anyway.

Dick Rockett

I reckon McClenaghan's been a bit stiff too tbh. Easy to forget he was 2nd fastest to 50 wickets in ODI history & then he had admittedly had that bad spell when he was very loose. He's since been excellent at T20 level both for NZ & in the IPL, so like to think he's not too far down the pecking order. Still has something to offer for mine.
Thought he was injured?

vandem

International 12th Man
Don't think [McClehaghan] been dropped at any stage, he's just had a bad run of injuries. Definitely not playing at the moment, anyway.
Coming back from pelvis injury during winter (in Jun, played three T20 games for Middlesex before injury). Played 3 Super Smash games in early Dec but has missed the last four.

Edited to add Middlesex comment.

Last edited:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The latest one is a fractured foot. So hopefully just all unrelated and bad luck.
Ah roger that, thought you meant a recurring pelvis issue.

Meanwhile... terrible start by Munro, you can't afford freebies when you're defending 5 an over.

cnerd123

likes this
Goddamn it Tamim

BD are going to let this RRR pressure eat them alive. They always fumble in doable run chases. Either someone goes berserk and comes off, or they keep feeling bogged down and falter.

Mike5181

International Captain
Don't think he got a rough deal. Guy is not an international level cricketer.
Your point is moot since he should not have been/should not be in the team. He provides zero value.
Taskin Ahmed to Broom, 1 run, there's his first ODI century. This has been an innings of quality and they rise to applaud a super knock at the Saxton Oval. Coming back to the delivery, it was full, he prodded forward and bunted it to the off side to scamper across. Returns to the squad after six years and delivers. Super knock

The Hutt Rec

Wtf, exactly how late is a batsman allowed to pull back?
I thought if you were standing in your normal batting stance then you're prepared to face the ball. Which he was, he just wasn't watching Munro.

Anyway, Bangladesh do seem to be panicking a bit here. Unnecessarily at this stage.