• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in New Zealand 2016/2017

Meridio

International Regular
Jfc, can't they let Neil Broom enjoy a bit of applause before they stick a mic in his face?
AWTA. Really don't see what value that adds. And all anyone will ever say is some variation of 'Yeah, enjoyed it, think we've got a decent score, hope the boys bowl well'.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good ole brainless tail, got a guy set, looking to score a ton and also hitting sixes and fours at will, and instead of feeding singles, you get yourself out trying to play shots.
Couldn't agree more. Total lack of awareness from the tail. it's just bewildering what Southee, Ferguson & Boult were thinking. Could have easily been bowled out for around 215 on another day after Santner fell, if the tail didn't get lucky.

I'm not as confident as your are with 250. I feel we're 30 short, even against Bangers. They're good for a 260-270 chase, especially on a low-ish wicket by NZ standards. It's the 300+ targets that are a little out of their range in foreign conditions against decent attacks.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think it's a low-ish wicket by NZ standards. Some very steep bounce and plenty of sideways movement on display.

Zinzan

I don't think it's a low-ish wicket by NZ standards. Some very steep bounce and plenty of sideways movement on display.
The odd one did ping, that's true, so a little two-paced, but generally I thought it play sluggishly.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Couldn't agree more. Total lack of awareness from the tail. it's just bewildering what Southee, Ferguson & Boult were thinking. Could have easily been bowled out for around 215 on another day after Santner fell, if the tail didn't get lucky.

I'm not as confident as your are with 250. I feel we're 30 short, even against Bangers. They're good for a 260-270 chase, especially on a low-ish wicket by NZ standards. It's the 300+ targets that are a little out of their range in foreign conditions against decent attacks.
As always bizarre batting by the BCs.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
AWTA. Really don't see what value that adds. And all anyone will ever say is some variation of 'Yeah, enjoyed it, think we've got a decent score, hope the boys bowl well'.
Yeah, the media interactions are so closely managed these days that it's rare to gain any insight from interviews. I miss the personalities of old.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
And 12 runs from the over. Nice start Southee. Bowled both sides of the wicket. No movement. Total garbage.

Zinzan

Just turned on, how'd Boult and Southee look in their first overs?

Edit: I see the answer above

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
I've never said this before but I can hold out no longer: I don't like Tim Southee.

It must be so frustrating for Boult, keeping it tight at one end only for Timmeh to **** things up so consistently from the other.

Last edited:

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Just turned on, how'd Boult and Southee look in their first overs?

Edit: I see the answer above
Boult is trying hard but not looking dangerous. Southee was just Southee. And now Boult has caught the Southee disease. Easy runs for Bangladesh.

vandem

International 12th Man
Good test today of the combined bowling plans from Jurgensen and the quicks. Short stuff worked at Hagley with a big total to defend, but I think here that Mortaza showed the value of pitching a little fuller with the new ball.

P.S. I'm not hopeful.

Last edited:

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Good test today of the combined bowling plans from Jurgensen and the quicks. Short stuff worked at Hagley with a big total to defend, but I think here that Mortaza showed the value of pitching a little fuller with the new ball.

P.S. I'm not hopeful.
Bangladesh just need to bat the 50 and they'll win.

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
I'm glad they rested Fizz. We need Fizz more for the test series since Bangladesh will struggle the most in that format.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
I've never said this before but I can hold out no longer: I don't like Tim Southee.

It must be so frustrating for Boult, keeping it tight at one end only for Timmeh to **** things up so consistently from the other.
yeah Henry has gotten a bit of a raw deal. Couple of tough games in oz and apparently he's dropped down the ladder.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
We could do with someone like Walsh as our bowling coach. Someone who's actually played the game and performed at the top level.

Zinzan

yeah Henry has gotten a bit of a raw deal. Couple of tough games in oz and apparently he's dropped down the ladder.
I reckon McClenaghan's been a bit stiff too tbh. Easy to forget he was 2nd fastest to 50 wickets in ODI history & then he had admittedly had that bad spell when he was very loose. He's since been excellent at T20 level both for NZ & in the IPL, so like to think he's not too far down the pecking order. Still has something to offer for mine.