• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in Sri Lanka 2016

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Damn, wish they were showing this game in NZ. I have to make do with Raza backing down leg-side and having a heave outside off :-(

Howe_zat

Audio File
Man Lyon has been poor. Rare that an offie does better than he normally would when touring Asia, but there's no excuse for the long hops.

With O'Keefe done for the day it's strangely Australia who would welcome some rain after tea.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Innings of the year so far already? Stokes and McCullum hit great ones but they were high scoring matches.

Dan Jamson

School Boy/Girl Captain
This pitch has certainly flattened out. I feel like 250 is still pretty chaseable.
It appears it has. But it will be interesting to see how the Aus batsmen cope with the two spinners with men around the bat.

They made 216 and 246 in the 2nd innings in the UAE vs Pakistan against Zabar and Shah.

250 will be a v. good chase considering their recent history on the subcontinent.

91Jmay

International Coach
Superb knock form Mendis. Amongst the worst I've seen Lyon bowl, albeit think the fields have been awful.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Innings of the year so far already? Stokes and McCullum hit great ones but they were high scoring matches.
McCullum's was a rubbish innings which really provided nothing for NZ. Had he scored his 150 off 300 balls it would have set us up to at least save the game

91Jmay

International Coach
Root at the Wanderers was pretty special as well but yeah I think this might shade it for me. Brilliant knock.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Think they need a little bit of Starc after tea with some reverse before the new rock.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Pitch seems to have flattened out so we need to bat through and get as many as we can..Mendis going well and hopefully will double ton...de Silva looking good too..keep going boys..

Howe_zat

Audio File
Root at the Wanderers was pretty special as well but yeah I think this might shade it for me. Brilliant knock.
It will depend a bit on what happens in the fourth innings. There have been a lot of comments about the pitch flattening out but good partnerships, short bowling and dropped catches can easily make it look that way. If it starts ragging square tomorrow people might revise that opinion.

Gob

International Coach
Estraya boned imo especially with O'keefe out. Only if they revived that LB shout from Lyon

Great innings from Kushal mind

Howe_zat

Audio File
Root last week at Old Trafford was very special.
We tend to think of the best innings as being made under the harshest circumstances and change the game, which that innings lacked, but if you want just a 'this is how you bat' demonstration then it's hard to top.