• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - England, Russia, Wales, Slovakia

Which teams will qualify from this pool?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Hart's made 2 mistakes that have led to goals.
Rooney has been unconvincing
Alli and Kane have been poor.
Sterling has been hopeless.

There's 5 changes right there.
You don't replace a keeper who has been undisputed first choice for years after two games of a tournament. He isn't one of the changes anyway, and there's no way Alli isn't in our best team.

Part of the problem with resting Rooney is if his replacement plays miles better it will make no difference. There's no way Rooney won't start.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Think Rose has been stiffed though.
Given the power of work full backs go through resting him is absolutely ok.

On Rooney, he's not been anywhere close to excellent. On a related note I'm assuming Henderson was injured at the end of the season? I'd assumed he hadn't travelled as I don't understand why he wasn't a first choice.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Rooney has only been good if your measuring against himself and how much worse he could be. If the measure is any other midfielder then he's been average at best. He's not in the top 4 midfielders but this is England and names play.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Given the power of work full backs go through resting him is absolutely ok.

On Rooney, he's not been anywhere close to excellent. On a related note I'm assuming Henderson was injured at the end of the season? I'd assumed he hadn't travelled as I don't understand why he wasn't a first choice.
Will agree to disagree with everyone on Rooney for now. May discuss post match.

But yeah Henderson was injured and in fact it's a surprise he made it

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Will agree to disagree with everyone on Rooney for now. May discuss post match.

But yeah Henderson was injured and in fact it's a surprise he made it
Ftr I'm not saying Rooney's been rubbish. But he's miles short of what you want from an international centre mid, he slows the tempo down far too much and he plays too many passes that look impressive but don't actually achieve anything in an attacking sense. No coincidence they've played at a faster tempo and been more direct tonight.