• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016

ImpatientLime

International Regular
yeah no way finn should get dropped after one dodgy test.

was very good throughout 2015 and bowled some unplayable spells in south africa. stick with him, his ceiling is higher than any of the other contenders.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Finn has been pretty good, did bowl well in SA. I have to be honest Woakes does not impress me.... is there not some young tear-away England could give a run to?

91Jmay

International Coach
Finn has been pretty good, did bowl well in SA. I have to be honest Woakes does not impress me.... is there not some young tear-away England could give a run to?
Ball is in the squad for Lords, and if it is as flat as normal they might go for him and be comfortable with Broad at 8.

Compton

International Debutant
I thought Woakes done well tbh. Certainly not poorly enough to be discarded after one test.

39 with the bat, combined 5-112 with the ball.

91Jmay

International Coach
Wow, he is so huge for SL in limited overs cricket. Am I right to say they are weaker there than in longer form? That is my impression at least.

viriya

International Captain
Wow, he is so huge for SL in limited overs cricket. Am I right to say they are weaker there than in longer form? That is my impression at least.
SL are definitely weaker in Tests, but right now they are pretty weak in all formats.

91Jmay

International Coach
Big squad the Sri Lankans are bringing. Don't see much role for a few of these allrounders and keepers but hey ho.

Bowling could go pretty well during the test series but I don't expect much from their batting.
Did you send this 3 weeks ago via pigeon?

viriya

International Captain
Yeah, that must explain why they destroyed the warm up opposition so thoroughly.

Tour Match: Leicestershire v Sri Lankans at Leicester, May 13-15, 2016 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

Oh look, they were 192-8 and Dimuth got a duck.
Well he did get a ton in one of them. imo there is some point to what he's saying. England plays the A team when they tour SL the least they can provide is a Division I matchup. Players tend to play to their opposition's level, and even if a Div I team would've destroyed them harder they would be better prepared for the Tests.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah the warm-up oppositions should say that Karunaratne is not a good enough batsman for their bowlers, lol.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Well he did get a ton in one of them. imo there is some point to what he's saying. England plays the A team when they tour SL the least they can provide is a Division I matchup. Players tend to play to their opposition's level, and even if a Div I team would've destroyed them harder they would be better prepared for the Tests.
SL didn't get a first innings lead in any of the warm-up matches. The oppositions were too good for them.

Last edited:

viriya

International Captain
I don't see why getting out for a duck after facing 4 balls and then making a not out ton in the next innings invalidates what he is saying. Anyone can bowl a good ball, as a team SL should face tougher opposition than that before facing Anderson & Broad.

SL have the earliest tour of the English summer and don't get enough preparation while being a traditionally weak side vs swing.