• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2015

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Well, it'd be a pleasant surprise to me to see a West Indian or Asian attack come to Uni Oval and keep McCullum out of form. One feels he could almost hoist this picture of a cow up a flagpole and find a few Asian Test attacks who'd quickly salute it.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Watling's often good value but I reckon one of the top six will fill his boots against the Sri Lankan attack tbh.
This

Or maybe not if the groundsman prepares a greentop and we bat first. Wait for pitch conditions before betting on BJ is the go.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Is Headingley the only one he's won in his career?

The 'get some, get gone' tindering of the NZ engine room makes it too difficult. It relied on a sedate McCullum fifty to be compiled, that Headingley one.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, BJ always a decent bet for top 3 run scorers, but you can count the number of times he's come out first on one hand. Headingly and that 60 in South Africa when the rest of the batting got blown away like match sticks are the only cases that come to mind.

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
I wonder who in New Zealand is teaching them all this trick of bending their front arm into a right angle and using it a bit like crosshairs.
Dipak Patel, I'd think. Was the age group spin expert for a number of years, including when Johnston was going through the system.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Dipak Patel, I'd think. Was the age group spin expert for a number of years, including when Johnston was going through the system.
I would listen to anything Dipak had to say about batting as I think technically he was very good (it was his temperament that let him down) but I don't know why we rate his bowling so highly as to put him into a critical coaching role.

Likeable chap. Good depth player.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Oh cool you are here.
Would you be able to as a Sri Lankan fan make a post with a probable starting line up and what are the keys for your team doing well?
Yeah, sorry, been mad busy recently so not been able to get on here as much as I would have liked..
my starting line up would have to be: Silva, Dimuth , Jayasundera , Chandimal+ , Mathews , Siriwardena , Mendis , Herath , Pradeep , Chameera, Fernando . This way we have batting up to 8 , 3 quicks,(assuming that Mathews will continue to not bowl too much), a couple of different spinners.

In terms of what we need to do well..Deal with the early swinging ball by playing later than we are used to, field well and bowl accurately and miserly(important that our youngsters don't get carried away on seeing a pitch with assistance for the quicks and bowl too short)...
Make no bones about it, it is a huge uphill task for us, facing a very strong team like NZ at home but as long as we give our best, then what more can I ask for as a fan, win or lose?

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Saw Southee, Watling, Williamson and Boult (and Dimitri) out for dinner last night. They showed impeccable taste by turning up at Yuki Izakaya (we were on to our second bottle of soju when they arrived), and equally impeccable taste by ordering the spicy chicken which - to not put too fine a word on to it - is magnificent.