• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at Trent Bridge

ajdude

International Coach
Before the game had even been played, I sat in my Melbourne residence earlier that week and reflected that you'd have to have a pretty strong taste for your own bathwater to announce your retirement the week of a final.
ok then. so if he'd announced it after they'd won, my guess is your reaction would be 'you'd have to have a pretty strong taste for your own bathwater to announce your retirement after you win a World Cup final'

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
For all the talk about the backroom team for England I think the most important appointment was Gibson coming back as bowling coach. He worked well with the team before and it has clicked again.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
ok then. so if he'd announced it after they'd won, my guess is your reaction would be 'you'd have to have a pretty strong taste for your own bathwater to announce your retirement after you win a World Cup final'
I figure retirements ultimately have to happen after stuff, so no I don't think I'd have thought that at all. I don't recall Daniel Vettori informing us he'd be walking away. It was only Brad Haddin reminding him he should that it was brought up at all.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I figure retirements ultimately have to happen after stuff, so no I don't think I'd have thought that at all. I don't recall Daniel Vettori informing us he'd be walking away. It was only Brad Haddin reminding him he should that it was brought up at all.
You realize that not everyone can be as laid back and ridiculously fresh as Glasses man?

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
You realize that not everyone can be as laid back and ridiculously fresh as Glasses man?
True. Hey, I like Michael Clarke - I just thought the retirement was too 'me me me' at the World Cup. And my immense dislike for Australians has probably turned me cynical.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
always great to win back the urn, but still very much feels like the really flawed team beat the slightly more flawed team.

massive challenges lie ahead this winter.

Zinzan

Congrats to England, thoroughly deserved the series win. I still can't get over just how inept Australia's batsmen are against good swing bowling.

91Jmay

International Coach
For all the talk about the backroom team for England I think the most important appointment was Gibson coming back as bowling coach. He worked well with the team before and it has clicked again.
Remember people hammering the hiring in the general forum, but the bowlers clearly like him and Broad credited him with his left hander tactic which has been massive. He has done great.

Superb effort overall, in general it has been a low run scoring series and whenever that is the case England have a chance. Bowlers have been great as a unit, Root looks a genuine world class player (although needs a good series abroad to rubber stamp it). We still have plenty of holes (opener, wicket keeper, spinner) but going in the right direction.

Australia have plenty of good young players, just about finding a more durable method when the pitch is doing a bit which they can do going forward.

Clarke one of the greats, loved watching him bat and I'd like him to get a Sky commentary gig in a few years time.

flibbertyjibber

Congrats to England, thoroughly deserved the series win. I still can't get over just how inept Australia's batsmen are against good swing bowling.
Boult and Southee must be licking their lips at the prospect of bowling to them in the coming months.