• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at Trent Bridge

Howe_zat

Audio File
Piers Morgan ✔@piersmorgan
Alastair Cook thinks his current KP-less England team will regain the Ashes this summer.
In other news, I will be elected Pope in August.
5:13 AM - 4 Jun 2015

Congrats to him

Burner

International Regular
I think Bangladesh at home is being underestimated here. SA are a better side than Australia, especially in the sub.continent and even they were put under pressure by the bangers. A bangladesh win is definitely on the cards.

Flem274*

123/5
I was trolling but if you thik you can rollup and blast them out with your quicks you're going to get a rude shock, and if you can't play spin or hit the ball off the square on dry mud you're going to lose.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Australia batted poorly but England bowled really well as well. Pitching it on the spot and the ball kicking up with pace.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lots of talk about the Oz batting but lots of our bowling has been decidedly average e.g. guys like Ali and Broad crap themselves when the ball gets above the knee-roll so why we keep pitching it up to them is one of life's great mysteries

It's as if Hazelwood & Mitch have said to themselves "Oooh, it's England - must pitch up and try to swing it"

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Think Hazlewood bowled one short ball to Broad and Ali this test and it went to six. That stuff is Johnson's job.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You mean to say you don't do it before a big game - ie the World Cup final - to hog all the headlines yourself? New method for him
Tbf, if Australia had been playing someone other than NZ in the WC final, there probably would have been a lot more press. Clarke was just trying to keep the focus on cricket at the start of footy season.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I was trolling but if you thik you can rollup and blast them out with your quicks you're going to get a rude shock, and if you can't play spin or hit the ball off the square on dry mud you're going to lose.
Ok I know these things don't come out in the scorecard, but the BD batsmen have not really carried their form into tests for most part, other than the first test against Pak.

They lack the patience and temperament to bat and bat and bat, so you see a lot of scores between 40-70. In the SA tests, Duminy and Elgar were picking up wickets. I think Lyon will be quite a threat against BD.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Tbf, if Australia had been playing someone other than NZ in the WC final, there probably would have been a lot more press. Clarke was just trying to keep the focus on cricket at the start of footy season.
I love trans tasman banter. So approve of this post. My favourite part is that you are serious, and there is probably some truth to it.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lots of talk about the Oz batting but lots of our bowling has been decidedly average e.g. guys like Ali and Broad crap themselves when the ball gets above the knee-roll so why we keep pitching it up to them is one of life's great mysteries

It's as if Hazelwood & Mitch have said to themselves "Oooh, it's England - must pitch up and try to swing it"
Yeah, the bowling was average. The batting was awful, but then the English bowling was excellent.

Gob

International Coach
I would like to make a long detailed post on why Australia lost but the defeat is so abject i don't want to. Funny how everything looked so awesome after Lords

Also i don't think Clarke actually had much of an idea of retiring until the last test but 60 AO just killed his soul.

Flem274*

123/5
Ok I know these things don't come out in the scorecard, but the BD batsmen have not really carried their form into tests for most part, other than the first test against Pak.

They lack the patience and temperament to bat and bat and bat, so you see a lot of scores between 40-70. In the SA tests, Duminy and Elgar were picking up wickets. I think Lyon will be quite a threat against BD.
i've watched more than enough games in bangladesh so i know how good they are at getting out for pretty 40s, but what i'm saying is bangladesh is a mini-UAE for fast bowlers and if lyon doesn't take wickets or australia get cute again and drop him they're ****ed.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There are a lot of if's involved here.

If Bangladesh play like they did against SA, and if Lyon bowls like he did in UAE and the pitches offer nothing to the Aussie quicks, we could well see an upset. More likely scenario though is Starc running through Bangladesh.

91Jmay

International Coach
Aussies are not losing test matches to Bangladesh. Steve Smith and Warner are going to absolutely plunder.

Flem274*

123/5
they shouldn't lose, but they're not very good and they wouldn't be the first to discover they're not so tough over there.