• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Road to the 2015 Ashes in England

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
They clearly watered it with Fosters to kill everything, and keep the Australians away for good measure. An inventive plan, I suppose.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Can't believe this 4 seamers **** again. It rarely works. The 4th guy doesn't bowl much if the first 3 take wickets and if they struggle so does he.

Anyone advocating Clarke bowl more than a random over is trying to wreck his back.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Its gonna be a road. A slow sludgy low run rate road. For the record i'm 5 miles for Sofia Gardens and it's been blowing a gale all day. There will be some cloud cover first up tomorrow but if that fools either Captain into having a bowl they're idiots unless it's as black as night.

I have tickets for day 4. Hopefully we won't have been smashed by then.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I love the logic that if you add two sub-par part-time spinners together, it magically equals a decent full-time spinner.
It doesn't. But maybe 2 part-time spinners and another quick can magically equal Nathan Lyon.

Australia don't have a decent full-time spinner. Even Fawad would probably get spanked

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I know it's been posted before, but I've been watching this non stop for the last 10 mins or so.

Can't wait. See you ****s tomorrow.

Spikey

lalor scared the **** out of me with this tweet

Peter Lalor@plalor
Not sure about this listed team

flibbertyjibber

Can that be the team please.

I think that has to be the worst scorecard ever printed before a match, the chances of that side being chosen are about the same as KP being in the England side.

Last edited:

Burgey

To be fair I think it's highly debatable whether Australia's best Test XI includes Nathan Lyon, or a spinner at all.

As popular as Lyon is, he's been average at best. And while it's better to have stuck with him for a while than it was in the immediate post-Warne era of picking a different spinner each game, The selectors need to be wary of going to far in the other direction and continually selecting an average off-spin bowler if you've got better fast bowlers that aren't playing.

Voges and Clarke could probably do almost as good a job as bowlers than Lyon anyway tbh
Lyon is more than decent for an offie who doesn't chuck at test level.WPNCOS