• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2014-15

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah he really has. Being compared to John Carver and Neil Warnock certainly helps his case tough.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Liverpool have now signed goalkeeper Bogdan on a free transfer from Bolton. You can't accuse them of not going down market. Darren Bent must be kicking himself for hastily signing for Derby after being released by Villa.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Liverpool have now signed goalkeeper Bogdan on a free transfer from Bolton. You can't accuse them of not going down market. Darren Bent must be kicking himself for hastily signing for Derby after being released by Villa.
I am staying with a friend who follows Liverpool everywhere, despite now living in London. I broke the news of this signing to him an hour or so ago and his reaction was 'oh for ****s sake'

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I am staying with a friend who follows Liverpool everywhere, despite now living in London. I broke the news of this signing to him an hour or so ago and his reaction was 'oh for ****s sake'
There are a subset of fans who are going to be pissed off with every transfer until it is a big name. There's no reason we had to spend money on a 'name' for a back-up keeper.

I'm fine with the players we've gotten so far. Now is not the time to really be pissed. IF at the end of the transfer window these are all we've gotten...then it is. In and of themselves, the transfers have been fine.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Bogdan is not a bad reserve keeper I guess. Liverpool's bigger concern surely ought to be the fact that their first choice keeper is cack.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Signing players doesn't stop a club signing more. Unless they're very expensive transfers. Yet you kind of feel the cheaper someone is the more people get pissed up.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I wouldn't actually mind them getting the CL (I get to watch BT in HD unlike Sky Sports) if they'd use their European Football show crew for it. But instead we get this:

At least Lineker is an improvement.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
No idea if Virgin will even get the BT sport Europe channel. Shame as the other BT sport channels are included in my package

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
James Richardson's presenting something for the CL coverage.
That makes so much more sense. It's weird that Sky appreciate Redknapp et al. aren't appropriate for coverage of La Liga but have no problem putting them in front of Dortmund vs. Shakhtar, where they're expected to pretend they have a clue who anyone is.

cpr

International Coach
No idea if Virgin will even get the BT sport Europe channel. Shame as the other BT sport channels are included in my package

It will do I reckon, as BT can hold Virgin to ransom, but only so far. They know they don't have enough subscribers to their own platform to survive without selling it around, and I dare say they'd rather do a deal with Virgin over Sky if they had to choose - not that I think they would (again, Skys money...) but if the only choice of platforms for CL games were Virgin/BT or Sky/BT, the former would probably draw more customers to BT than the latter.

Its not like Sky holding Virgin to ransom (Sky Atlantic, Sky 1 for a while IIRC) as they had the dominant viewing platform

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
That makes so much more sense. It's weird that Sky appreciate Redknapp et al. aren't appropriate for coverage of La Liga but have no problem putting them in front of Dortmund vs. Shakhtar, where they're expected to pretend they have a clue who anyone is.
Yeah. Sky have used their La Liga commentators for some big Spanish CL games though. Barca-Atleti last year was one. Can't remember who did the Madrid derby this year.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah. Sky have used their La Liga commentators for some big Spanish CL games though. Barca-Atleti last year was one. Can't remember who did the Madrid derby this year.
It's why they lost Rob whatshisface that used to do their La Liga coverage. Bloke was seriously pissed off that the La Liga presenters got benched for a clasico semi final in 2011 and muppets like Redknapp got the gig instead.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
The Women's World Cup is truly dreadful. Unless the players get naked it'll continue to serve no purpose. I wonder how much FIFA bribed Canada to host it.

Mark Warburton the new Rangers manager. It's obviously silly season.