• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Euro 2016 Qualifying Draw

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I'm quite confident we can go to Dublin and win.

Georgia's the team that worries me, they're exactly the sort of opposition we'll **** up against (and in fact, did so in 2007.)

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I don't care. Our captain is a **** (****e at football too) and there's very few likeable players in our first team at the moment.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Since when was this hatred mutual? Always remembered the Welsh and Scottish hating England but not the other way round.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Since forever, or so people of my parents' generation tell me. I guess it's probably just less evident for most of our lifetimes, presumably because Scotland and Wales have been pants for almost all of that period. As a result active dislike has been subsituted for schadenfreude.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Since when was this hatred mutual? Always remembered the Welsh and Scottish hating England but not the other way round.
Since always. Hasn't really manifested itself in the last 20 years because we haven't played each other much and because Scottish football has gone down the toilet in that period.

It's the oldest rivalry in football. The reason Didier Hamann scored the last goal at the old Wembley was because the FA didn't want their last game to be a 1-0 defeat to Scotland. They had to settle on losing to Germany because they couldn't just keep putting off demolition.

Last edited: