• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Old cricket footage you would like to see

GirtBySea

U19 12th Man
One thing I would like to find is Brett Lee's finger pointing to the dressing room to a tailender in only his second Test match.
A guy who was still finding his feet in international cricket. I speak of New Zealand's Shane Bond!!!

SuperMurali

School Boy/Girl Captain
Sutcliffe hitting six after six after six, and is joined by Bob Blair in the Christmas test of '53 against the Proteas.

always enjoy seeing Punter getting mad after being run out by a substitute, then getting mad at an umpire (with Siddle) after a DRS against KP is denied

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
One thing I would like to find is Brett Lee's finger pointing to the dressing room to a tailender in only his second Test match.
A guy who was still finding his feet in international cricket. I speak of New Zealand's Shane Bond!!!
Yeah at like 9/510 or something. Urgh, was gross.

andmark

International Captain
I'd like to see more of Clarrie Grimmett and Bill O'Reilly. Both are meant to be incredible spinners and so it would be nice to have seen them with better quality footage.

Anything with Sydney Barnes would be the ultimate find though.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Viv demolishing 61 runs in 35 balls in the 4th innings of a test match vs India when the required rate was 8 rpo. Won with 4 balls left.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The WG Grace refusing to go out when bowled (if true) - "they've come here to see me bat, not you umpire." :laugh:

forever hilarious.

viriya

International Captain
I wonder whether more recent matches that were definitely televised (say from 1975-) can be purchased in bulk or is available to watch somewhere.. a video archive of all available matches if you will.

Chubb

International Regular
Like many I would love to see footage of Sydney Barnes bowling in his prime. With hawk eye and slow mo to watch exactly what he did with it! Fast swinging leg breaks!

andmark

International Captain
I looked at the cricinfo Indian all time 11 and lots of the players in that weren't on YouTube, so I'd like to see them.

Subhash Gupte would be a cool one to see also.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Last edited:

SOPL

Cricket Spectator
Definitely would love to see Mohammed Zahid's full over to Brian Lara in the Carlton and United Series of 96/97 - before the back injuries that unfortunately cut short his career.

Both Hooper and Lara claim he was the fastest bowler he has ever seen, as does his fellow haywire Shoaib Akhtar.