• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

First week thoughts

bill8164

School Boy/Girl Captain
Its been good so far.Teams have been rewarded with both good batting and quality fast bowling as opposed to seeing matches where you had to just outbat teams from the game.Obviously the big games havent turned out to be as close as people expected it to be but i am really looking forward to the coming week's games especially the clash involving the two hosts.Probably gonna be the game of the group stages.
Completely agree, hopefully the weather is better than it looks like right now. Thursday through to Sunday looks like rubbish right now up here in Auckland unfortunately.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Because then the broadcasting rights would only be worth a tiny fraction of what they are now.

From a selfish perspective I'd much rather go the other way. I always feel completely ripped off when I have to choose between two games on at the same time. I want to watch the whole thing, goddamnit.
Get a job.

Has there been a properly close game so far?

Niall

International Coach
The two involving Zimbabwe have been alright.
The SA v Zimbabwe game was good fun, but it wasn't a close finish at all sadly.

I had high hopes for Lanka v Afghanistan been a close finish after the early flurry of wickets, but Mahela has ruined that.:@

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The SA v Zimbabwe game was good fun, but it wasn't a close finish at all sadly.

I had high hopes for Lanka v Afghanistan been a close finish after the early flurry of wickets, but Mahela has ruined that.:@
Not a close finish but was atleast very competetitive for well over half the match. Almost every other game has been a cakewalk.

cnerd123

likes this
Ireland vs. WI quite one-sided.

No real genuine close games tbf. Just matches that look close on the scorecard but really weren't that close.

Some exciting clashes yet to come tho. NZ/Aus should be fantastic.

Antihippy

International Debutant
Kinda worried about Australia for the aus vs NZ game. The dumbass schedule and the rain means that Australia barely had any match practice while NZ has plenty of it.

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Kinda worried about Australia for the aus vs NZ game. The dumbass schedule and the rain means that Australia barely had any match practice while NZ has plenty of it.
I don't actually think this game will be that important in the context of the tournament. Whatever the outcome, quarters will be against a bunch of scrubs and then probably India/South Africa which are probably about the same difficulty (although you'd arguably take South Africa over India in a semi).

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Teams looking the strongest

New Zealand

Australia - SA
India
Sri Lanka
England
Pakistan - West Indies - Ireland
Zimbabwe
Bangladesh
Afghanistan
UAE/Scotland

India has been the major movers for me. The Kiwis look crazy good. I would still put SA ahead of India. Getting that loss out of the way was good for them. SA was the favourites for me, but that tag would go to NZ now, who many have always thought to be the favourites right from the start. The big awesome thing so far has been Ireland. Every one thought they wouldn't be too strong but they beat the Windies. I am putting them ahead of even Zimbabwe, who are also looking good.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If I had to do a "teams looking the strongest thing"

Australia
New Zealand

India

South Africa

Sri Lanka
England

West Indies
Pakistan
Ireland

Zimbabwe
Bangladesh

Afghanistan
Scotland
UAE

TNT

Banned
When will teams rethink who captains coming into important series like the WC, SA captain ABD has been fined for slow over rates and if they infringe again he will be suspended for 1 match. Not a good position to be in for SA.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
When will teams rethink who captains coming into important series like the WC, SA captain ABD has been fined for slow over rates and if they infringe again he will be suspended for 1 match. Not a good position to be in for SA.
Interesting point. Would SA get away with naming a bogus captain for the rest of the tournament but still have AB calling the shots on the field?? I mean he is one player they really wouldn't want to miss a game.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Hell he isn't even that good of a captain. Give it to someone else and let him do what he does best- bat.