• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ODI Auction Draft

watson

Banned
Virat Kohli 0.27
Yuvraj Singh 0.33

For the love of God, let me have these two players as I've only got 9 players and everyone else is busy picking their 12th and 13th players. I also got burned by Saint Kopite's fairplay strategy of nicking a player at the last second.
OK then.

longranger

U19 Cricketer
I only bid twice because kingkallis had put in a bid of 0.24 which he later edited. But it's fine, you acted within the rules.

watson

Banned
Well, thats because, just like longranger, I wanted to finish my team and didn't want to take any risk with it.
Nonsense. Just look at your remaining budget, and then everyone else's.

Your bidding has been patronising and not much else I'm sorry to say.

watson

Banned
I only bid twice because kingkallis had put in a bid of 0.24 which he later edited. But it's fine, you acted within the rules.
'Exploiting a loophole' is still cheating, and has always been cheating. And in this case completely unnecessary as Drafting is only a game.

Saint Kopite

First Class Debutant
Nonsense. Just look at your remaining budget, and then everyone else's.

Your bidding has been patronising and not much else I'm sorry to say.
Morgieb still had 2.28 left to spend. So, if I ended up having less than that for my last player, there was a good chance he would have bid the entire budget on that last player(which is Dhoni) and I would have ended up with ten players.

Saint Kopite

First Class Debutant
'Exploiting a loophole' is still cheating, and has always been cheating. And in this case completely unnecessary as Drafting is only a game.
Ohh, **** off, man.

If someone really wanted a player, you could bid big and get him. Like in case on Ponting, AB, Klusener, Lara, Sachin etc, all of whom I wanted.

I simply didn't bid earlier because I knew the players later would go at relatively much lesser price as almost everyone except me and ohnoitsyou.

Saint Kopite

First Class Debutant
I did the same with Damien Martyn but Monk outbid me and got the player. The reason being, when I bid for Viv, Anil outbid me last sec and by the time I could bid back again, it was past the deadline. So, I didn't want to take a risk like that.

watson

Banned
Don't you think Dravid would have been better off at three with Gower at four and Lamb at five?
From 1982 onwards Gower batted at No.3 for nearly all his ODI matches. In 1983 he achieved an ICC Rating of 919 points which is the 4th highest of all time, behind Richards, Abbas, and Chappell.

Dravid also had a good deal of success batting at No.5 where he averaged 44. Only a handful of batsman have done better.

kingkallis

International Coach
Watto, its called smart bidding ;)

SK totally deserves to win (if voters let him win :naughty:) as he was playing well within the rules!

longranger

U19 Cricketer
Watto, its called smart bidding ;)

SK totally deserves to win (if voters let him win :naughty:) as he was playing well within the rules!
I'm curious to see how many votes Saint Kopite gets. Sometimes the spirit of the game may overrule the team's strength

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Well, thanks for the draft weldone. After tomorrow I'm gonna take a month or so off forums and social media so if you do a vote thread my team's listed above. Thanks mate.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Who were the nine players you omitted from your list, weldone?
I'm at work so can't check the s/s which is in home laptop; but from memory they probably were Andy Roberts, Sunil Gavaskar, David Boon, Ijaz Ahmed, Arjuna Ranatunga, Darren Lehmann, Nathan Bracken, Brett Lee, Zaheer Khan.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So I think I got Hogg.

Adam Gilchrist
Marvan Atapattu
Jacques Kallis
Greg Chappell
AB de Villiers
Andrew Flintoff
Abdul Razzaq
Shahid Afridi
Manoj Prabhakar
Brad Hogg
Lasith Malinga

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm curious to see how many votes Saint Kopite gets. Sometimes the spirit of the game may overrule the team's strength
Yeah it is really not something worth getting upset over but there is no doubt it was against the spirit of the rules, I mean it is supposed to be an auction draft and he did not really do any of that. He may well have won anyway because of not spending much early on.