• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Its the experience thats a bit of a worry plus some players being dismissed by playing ODI strokes.
However if they get through tomorrow and manage a draw it should do this young team a world of good.
That won't happen with Pujara, Vijay, Saha, Rahane. I'm not sure about Dhawan, and to an extent Kohli.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Don't underestimate Saha.

But ya, if you get 6 wickets with 15 overs to go then you have a decent chance of winning.
Yeah he can definitely bat. I could be wrong but I Felt like Clarke wanted to give Siddle as many opportunites as possible to bowl himself into form and get some poles.

Harris nor Johnson got a shot at the tail yesterday.

test cricketer

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I really hope mohamed shami improves he started his career briliantly and gave hash a run for his money but has faded a bit wasnt great in england and hasnt been good in australia i love fastbowlers so i hope mohamed shami improves and becomes the next great fastbowler perhaps even indias greatest which shouldnt be that hard cause fast bowling has never been indias strength

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Excited about day 5. I might manage to catch couple of sessions if I manage to wake up. I am thinking it will be a draw. I would say it is a 80% chance of a draw, 18% Aussie victory and 2% Indian victory.

wiff

First Class Debutant
Excited about day 5. I might manage to catch couple of sessions if I manage to wake up. I am thinking it will be a draw. I would say it is a 80% chance of a draw, 18% Aussie victory and 2% Indian victory.
Yeah it should be an interesting day's play. 98 overs are a lot of overs to bat under pressure, and if India do it it will give this team a tremendous boost. I'd say 18% draw, 80% Aussie victory, 2% Indian victory

Niall

International Coach
Yeah it should be an interesting day's play. 98 overs are a lot of overs to bat under pressure, and if India do it it will give this team a tremendous boost. I'd say 18% draw, 80% Aussie victory, 2% Indian victory
Betfair and most bookmakers have it much less in favour of Australia, although I'd agree with you. Its a long time to survive, Lyon is doing well and Harris and Mitch will be dangerous. Also the tail of India is LOL bad.

viriya

International Captain
Betfair and most bookmakers have it much less in favour of Australia, although I'd agree with you. Its a long time to survive, Lyon is doing well and Harris and Mitch will be dangerous. Also the tail of India is LOL bad.
History suggests 70% Aus win 30% Draw 0% Ind win

the big bambino

International Captain
Siddle bowled a little faster yesterday so maybe he had the trots the previous day. True Clarke kept him on for the tail but it was a justifiable decn since he and Lyon were making break throughs. Aaron didn't do anything wrong and Warner was a bit of a dick for getting him back. Still it wasn't the greatest transgression to offend the desired conduct of the game and don't expect the incident to fester into an uglier breakout.

Last edited:

dermo

International Vice-Captain
ftr it was poor form of aaron to mock australian hero lleyton hewitt in his home town, good on gravey for making a stand

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
If India actually manage to bat out 98 overs then I can't see how they couldn't have won the game by them.