• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Don't you wish Laxman was playing in the team in this situation? Yes, experience (lack of it) could be the key.

anil1405

International Captain
I don't think either Aaron or Warner was "in the wrong". Aaron made a breakthrough and was simply enjoying the wicket, didn't really send off Warner as much as try to pump up his team. Warner being a dick with the riposte was simply taking advantage of a rare occasion for a batsman to rile up the bowler. Arguably one can say that it was Dhawan who took things too seriously and to the next level.

I don't think one should lose too much sleep over it, it was kind of funny tbh.
Am glad Dhawan stood up for his mate. Had it been an Indian batsman who reacted like Warner today then 2-3 Aussie fielders would've done the same thing that Dhawan did.

Having said that, Dhawan and Kohli are bound to get it back tomorrow. Would be interesting to see how they respond to it and if they let their bat do the talking.

Swingpanzee

International Regular
Yeah like I said again it's quite a minor incident, makes it feel more like a normal Ind-Aus series + didn't cross the limit.

dognutz

U19 12th Man
A bit off topic I know but hardly worthy of a new thread - how good was Sean Abbott today? 6/14 from 7 overs
Added to likes of Cummins, Paterson and Bird, Siddle is very much on borrowed time

dognutz

U19 12th Man
As much as I want Aussies to win it would surprise me. I don't think India's much maligned batting away from home is that bad - certainly has it's problems but my money is on a draw.

Spark

Global Moderator
I don't think this batting lineup is bad away from home at all tbh. The only time they've really struggled is against a rampaging Anderson and Broad in England, and very few teams haven't in that circumstance

anil1405

International Captain
Its the experience thats a bit of a worry plus some players being dismissed by playing ODI strokes.

However if they get through tomorrow and manage a draw it should do this young team a world of good.