• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

Antihippy

International Debutant
Also just realized that India couldn't dismiss Steve Smith for the entire test.

Smith to average 70 by the end of this series.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Last time I checked, Kulkarni bowled crap. Not only was he slow, he was inconsistent with his lines. Terrible selection. Pankaj Singh would have been a better option. With his height, he could extract a bit more bounce in Australia as well.

Last edited:

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Last time I checked, Kulkarni bowled crap. Not only was he slow, he was inconsistent with his lines. Terrible selection. Pankaj Singh would have been a better option. With his height, he could extract a bit more bounce in Australia as well.
I don't think he'll play any of the tests. Umesh is next in line in case one of these guys get injured.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Smith on the verge of a rare double: declared on by the captain when he's on the verge of a milestone in each innings

Spikey

warner was in the wrong ftr. Aaron's "Come on" easily could have been directed at himself and his team-mates and not as a send off. No need whatsoever for Warner to mock.

Antihippy

International Debutant
Eh, I think he was in the wrong too, but to be fair to Davey anyone would be hard pressed to judge whether yelling Come on is a sledge or not in the moment. Came out against harder than he should but we always knew that he was a dick.

OverratedSanity

The most important question which isn't being asked at all is whether to call it What-gate or Come-on-gate... we need a poll.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I don't like this now. If Lyon could trouble on day 3 and 4 then he has the potential to wreck havoc on day 5.

I think Pujara is the only batsman who has the great combination of attitude and technique to save this kind of a test match. Kohli is the aggressive player, Rahane is not great against spin, Dhawan is mental, and Rohit is unpredictable. Vijay and Saha probably have the attitude but they are not supreme on the technique front. Some of these players are good enough to support Pujara, but it's hard to imagine Kohli and Rahane to form a 60 over partnership to save this test on day 5, for example.

Last edited:

Teja.

Global Moderator
I don't like this now. If Lyon could trouble on day 3 and 4 then he has the potential to wreck havoc on day 5.

I think Pujara is the only batsman who has the great combination of attitude and technique to save this kind of a test match. Kohli is the aggressive player, Rahane is not great against spin, Dhawan is mental, and Rohit is unpredictable. Vijay and Saha probably have the attitude but they are not supreme on the technique front. Some of these players are good enough to support Pujara, but it's hard to imagine Kohli and Rahane to form a 60 over partnership to save this test on day 5, for example.
There's a more than chance we'll **** up bad but pretty sure Rahane and Kohli have faced harder spinning conditions in FC cricket and done fine. I think the match situation and lack of experience will be a much bigger factor than technique against spin bowling tbh.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
There's a more than chance we'll **** up bad but pretty sure Rahane and Kohli have faced harder spinning conditions in FC cricket and done fine. I think the match situation and lack of experience will be a much bigger factor than technique against spin bowling tbh.
You're definitely right about Kohli. But Rahane doesn't seem to be great (he is not bad by any means) against spin from what I saw of him till now - at least by Indian standards.

anil1405

International Captain

And he was not entirely comfortable facing Lyon in the first innings.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
warner was in the wrong ftr. Aaron's "Come on" easily could have been directed at himself and his team-mates and not as a send off. No need whatsoever for Warner to mock.
No mate

It was handbags at 10 paces until Dhawan got involved

Burgey's mate is an A-grade tool

biased indian

International Coach
how is the weather for tomorrow ..think pacers are going to hurt us more than Lyon..looking forward to a good defensive performance from the team ..

Swingpanzee

International Regular
I don't think either Aaron or Warner was "in the wrong". Aaron made a breakthrough and was simply enjoying the wicket, didn't really send off Warner as much as try to pump up his team. Warner being a dick with the riposte was simply taking advantage of a rare occasion for a batsman to rile up the bowler. Arguably one can say that it was Dhawan who took things too seriously and to the next level.

I don't think one should lose too much sleep over it, it was kind of funny tbh.