• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian captaincy succession order?

adub

International Captain
Yeah, I'm super pleased that Mad Dog has scored a big and important ton, but no way would I want him anywhere near the test team on the back of it.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
shaun marsh would be a lot closer to selection than white imo
Yeah. Marsh got called up, hit a ton, then bagged a pair, then got injured. I think that's pretty inconclusive at worst; now that he's fit again I reckon he'll be at #4 for the Tests

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah. Marsh got called up, hit a ton, then bagged a pair, then got injured. I think that's pretty inconclusive at worst; now that he's fit again I reckon he'll be at #4 for the Tests
Are you picking Watto at 3?

I agree with you re Marsh btw

He is a selectors' favourite and see him in there unless someone goes on a Hookes-like run of centuries in the Shield

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
I don't think there's enough alcohol for 2 Marshes in the team. For me or for them.

dermo

if ferguson or burns ton up again in the next round of shield game's they'll be really close to getting a go imo

i wouldnt be unhappy with shaun marsh in the side, he's a quality player the **** is just yet to really show it because he's such a ****

dermo

He is a selectors' favourite and see him in there unless someone goes on a Hookes-like run of centuries in the Shield
i think regardless of what anyone here thinks watto is getting picked at 3

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

I tend to be of the opinion that Watson bats better the higher he is up the order. I can see why you'd slide him down lower if you wanted him to bowl a lot, but with Mitch Marsh in the side (and doing well enough in a losing side to not be dropped) I think Watson should just focus on being a #3 for now.

I don't really think having both Watson and Mitch Marsh in the side is going to work out long term, but I'm pretty sure it's how they'll go to start with anyway. One or both will end up not scoring enough runs to justify their place given the other is in the side; their bowling won't save either of them individually and one will end up under pressure.

Tangles

if ferguson or burns ton up again in the next round of shield game's they'll be really close to getting a go imo
Burns would be better. A big Maddog ton would be hilarious cause Mark Waugh would go nuts for him.

ajdude

International Coach
i just want joe burns to be picked so everyone in my family and my cricket team and my friends are all like "who da **** is joe burns" and i can be like "QUEENSLAND BATSMAN TON ON FC DEBUT" etc and feel all smug and then remember that i'm averaging a touch over 5 for the season

dermo

Burns would be better. A big Maddog ton would be hilarious cause Mark Waugh would go nuts for him.
yeah i'd definitely go for burns over ferguson but ferguson is definitely up there in the minds of the selectors

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah Burns didn't play in the offseason A games. His stock would've risen this season, but Ferguson's been just as good and he did play in the offseason A games so I think he'd be ahead in the pecking order.