• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan v New Zealand in the UAE 2014

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Well this is going downhil FAST!!...i thought Kane was gonna really grab the game by the horns and battle but it just wasn't to be...and now Neesham has gone..

Flem274*

123/5
we were in deeper at wellington

india currently have a tendency to give up if you can last a session or two though. this lot seem tougher.

haha oh no this might end fast.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Aaaaaand just to finish things off, it's time for an epic NZ lollapse. Haven't had one of these for a while, ah the memories.

Flametree

International 12th Man
Low-bouncing flat wicket, no quick bowlers to face - just leave the thigh-pad in the dressing room and put a towell in there or something....

Flametree

International 12th Man
we were in deeper at wellington

india currently have a tendency to give up if you can last a session or two though. this lot seem tougher.

haha oh no this might end fast.
Dhoni goes defensive if you survive a couple of overs or play one successful attacking shot....

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Given how clueless our tailenders generally are against reverse, this is a real chance for Rahat to pick up a 5er.

Flem274*

123/5
i don't get it. when we weren't as good as we are now we still competed in india and took a test off sri lanka, but we're horrific in the UAE. it's like we've sent out one of those charming late 00s sides with chris martin leading an attack of a young southee, a medium pacer and vettori, and taylor, baz the keeper and vettori being the only batsmen of note.

pakistan are just on a new planet on their adopted home turf right now. they're ridiculous.

Flem274*

123/5
at least we'll be able to go home and feast on sri lanka in our own bullying conditions. im clinging to that. herath will have nothing to work with, they only have two batsmen who can handle nz (unfortunately they're a bit awesome) and their pace attack sucks, eranga aside.

but then they might dick us too for all i know.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
at least we'll be able to go home and feast on sri lanka in our own bullying conditions. im clinging to that. herath will have nothing to work with, they only have two batsmen who can handle nz (unfortunately they're a bit awesome) and their pace attack sucks, eranga aside.

but then they might dick us too for all i know.
There are a few people who think Lakmal will go well. I'm one of them.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
This isn't new though. They hammered England at their 11/12 peak, and gave South Africa the biggest hiding they've received in years. Unless you've got a world class spinner and batsman raised on turning wickets, then doing well in the UAE is absurdly difficult.

Flametree

International 12th Man
This really is an astonishing run of form from Pakistan. Their top order's averages in the past 5 tests are something like Hafeez 60, Shehzad 50, Azhar 50, Younis 100, Misbah 70, Shafiq 50, Sarfraz 80.

And three virtually brand new bowlers are averaging about 20 on the same tracks. Winning the tosses have certainly helped but this is some run they're on.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Geez Pakistan building quite a solid home record, would love to see India v Pak in test matches, to think its been 7 years since the last series.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Geez Pakistan building quite a solid home record, would love to see India v Pak in test matches, to think its been 7 years since the last series.
Yeah have been craving an India-Pak test series since England were hammered in the UAE. As long as Misbah and Younis remain I'd probably back Pakistan.