• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2014-15

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, surprised uppercut said it was never a red, the Allen tackle should have seen him walk IMO. Intent wasn't there which is what probably saved him but nonetheless he should have walked the plank for that
I'm just kind of being cynical. I'd love it if those types of challenges were given as reds, they just never are. I think you can get away with being more brutal when the foul is blatantly tactical. I think it was Yanga-Mbiwa last year who booted Nasri's leg and put him out for five weeks, while blatantly not even going for the ball. Actually I think he booted him once, but he kept on running so he booted him again. Still only got a yellow.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If Matt Grimes doesn't play regularly in the Prem, then I will be hugely surprised, went to my first match 38 years ago, would say I really had an idea of who was good about 10 years later, but he's the best youngster we've produced in that time, by miles.

Honestly he dictates matches from the centre of the park like a veteran, yet has the energy and vibrancy of youth. Touch, technique, awareness, it's all there, in a role you don't normally mature in until later. Oh and his set-pieces are high-quality, which doesn't hurt.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Wasn't necessarily saying Janmaat on Balo was a straight red ftr - made some other dodgy tackles afterwards including a similar one on Borini.

grecian

I think when pothas announced Shelvey as football's Ravi, I was a bit skeptical, but to be fair he's got it right.

Ineptitude often, followed by the odd flash of brilliance, being screwed by officials, all suffused with an endearing sense of gormlessness.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I think when pothas announced Shelvey as football's Ravi, I was a bit skeptical, but to be fair he's got it right.

Ineptitude often, followed by the odd flash of brilliance, being screwed by officials, all suffused with an endearing sense of gormlessness.
We just need crucial international tournament matches in his hands to play with our emotions and it's a perfect fit.

Pothas

That performance he gave against Liverpool last year, you don't get anymore Ravi like than that.

grecian

BTW, not one player wore black boots yesterday, this is in Division 4. Honestly I almost wanted to support the ref, but he was a total wanker obvs.

Yellow, green, blue, red, the games gone mad I tell you.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
BTW, not one player wore black boots yesterday, this is in Division 4. Honestly I almost wanted to support the ref, but he was a total wanker obvs.

Yellow, green, blue, red, the games gone mad I tell you.
The tossers who wear one yellow and one green one get me.

grecian

Fellaini has some nerve abusing Aguero when he just smashing his boots down his achilles.

Two clear pens for me.

Last edited: