• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi final 2: Argentina vs Holland

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I guess who I root for here depends on who wins the first one. As a non-fan, would like to get into it with traditional rivalries like Ger-Ned and Brazil-Argentina.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I guess who I root for here depends on who wins the first one. As a non-fan, would like to get into it with traditional rivalries like Ger-Ned and Brazil-Argentina.
Have to agree with this. Despite backing against Brazil throughout the tipping comp, I suspected we'd have a Brazil-Argentina final from the beginning, as I guess many did.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Going with Holland because they've brought far more excitement to the tournament so far. Plus the United connection.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The Netherlands have basically been my 2nd national team since I can remember.

A Brazil v Argentina final would be an absolute farce, two utterly **** teams.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Argentina's only redeeming features are Messi and the fact that they have an anti-Brazil song to the tune of Bad Moon Rising.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I know we are supposed to hate them but I have never had anything against Argentina. Have often liked them but this side has nothing on the Riquelme side of 2006, so like everyone else it is all about Messi for me, want him to win it. It is such a shame that Aguero has not been fit, would have been so much better to watch if he had been.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Feel it's falling apart a bit for Argie with Aguero and Di Maria injuries. But I guess with Messi anything is possible.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I know we are supposed to hate them but I have never had anything against Argentina. Have often liked them but this side has nothing on the Riquelme side of 2006, so like everyone else it is all about Messi for me, want him to win it. It is such a shame that Aguero has not been fit, would have been so much better to watch if he had been.
Man, their performance against Serbia in 06, ****ing hell

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I quite like the idea of the best South American team vs. the best European team.

(West) Germany vs. Argentina played in the 1990 Final too so there are other rivalries.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Thta would be NL - ARG :) .

That's hardly a rivalry compared to either NL-GER or BRA-ARG.
- Not according to the Fifa rankings, nor in my opinion either.
- I know its not as big, just saying their is something there.