• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Spineless pathetic bastards...

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
I don't feel sorry for you because your team isn't winning. I feel sorry for your because your team isn't TRYING. My point is really that I feel sorry for the supporters who have to watch this rather than the actual players.

Last edited:

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't feel sorry for you because your team isn't winning. I feel sorry for your because your team isn't TRYING. My point is really that I feel sorry for the supporters who have to watch this rather than the actual players.
Of course they are trying........failing no doubt but I don't believe they are not trying.

Many reasons to put up for why this has happened, but this is familular territory for us supporters and we're well equipped to cope (guy from lancs and captain cook excepted....lol at their rants)

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think they're trying, but they've walked into a tornado no one expected tbh, and their heads are messed up. You go nowhere at any level of cricket without clarity of thought.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I think they're trying, but they've walked into a tornado no one expected tbh, and their heads are messed up. You go nowhere at any level of cricket without clarity of thought.

I was gonna reply to another post of yours Burgy likening Mitchell Johnson to Tommo and I couldn't agree more.

I seriously never seen any think like it in my cricket watching days and anyone that says this was to be expected is talking crap.

Can't pin this entire ass whooping on him but he has ****ed our heads up in a massive way.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Obviously it's not the only issue. They have looked scared of Johnson. Just like they did with Steyn & co. a year back. We don't seem to know our best side - Cook's on his third opening partner in 3 series, over the last 3 years. Morgan, Bopara, Taylor & Bairstow have all failed to nail down a place in the middle order, in Ben Stokes, we're on our third all rounder in a year, and, when Bresnan isn't fit, we don't have a reliable third seam bowling option. And then, of course, threads like this take away from the fact that Australia are simply playing at a very high level right now. But I don't think it's any coincidence that Cook, Prior, Swann & Anderson are all performing well below their usual standards now, when they haven't had a proper break for two years now.
Apparently Warner's longest break in the last 3 years is pretty short too. He seems to be doing ok. I think there's a bit more to it than not having had a break. That shouldn't make you look scared of someone who's a bit quicker all of a sudden.

Son Of Coco

I can not think of any circumstance at all where I'd ever feel sympathy towards Aus supporters so I certainly don't expect (nor want) any in return.

Cricket excepted we just had a great few days on the hill, and our fans performance, especially today, fills me with pride.
Can any of the fans bat?

Son Of Coco

I was gonna reply to another post of yours Burgy likening Mitchell Johnson to Tommo and I couldn't agree more.

I seriously never seen any think like it in my cricket watching days and anyone that says this was to be expected is talking crap.

Can't pin this entire ass whooping on him but he has ****ed our heads up in a massive way.
As you know, I'm not the biggest Mitchell Johnson fan. But the thought of him being the one who ****s with your heads fills me with immeasurable joy.

Ruckus

International Captain
Of course they are trying........failing no doubt but I don't believe they are not trying.

Many reasons to put up for why this has happened, but this is familular territory for us supporters and we're well equipped to cope (guy from lancs and captain cook excepted....lol at their rants)
I dunno, I think there were few of the dismissals that came across as the batsmen being scared to stand their ground. Understandable of course given what they were up against, but they'll still have to figure out a way to cope with really fast, hostile bowling. I think Cook had the right idea in the second innings, but he got a pretty good bouncer tbh. Anyone that's seen Johnson bowl knows that he is a confidence player, and the best way to bring down his confidence is to take him on I reckon. Obv that's a pretty hard task given how well he is bowling atm, but I think someone will have to take the initiative.

Well flap me.

I say "Disgusting effort by the Poms" and get done for trolling, maybe I should have called them spineless pathetic bastards instead.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
As you know, I'm not the biggest Mitchell Johnson fan. But the thought of him being the one who ****s with your heads fills me with immeasurable joy.
Fair enough too. Mitchell Johnson has just dished up the biggest payback imaginable to the BA......and he has earnt a lot of respect from us in the process.

I am still struggling to get own head around it tbh, no one has paid out on him more than me.........not much else to do but cop it sweet, and say well played son.

andyc

Fair enough too. Mitchell Johnson has just dished up the biggest payback imaginable to the BA......and he has earnt a lot of respect from us in the process.

I am still struggling to get own head around it tbh, no one has paid out on him more than me.........not much else to do but cop it sweet, and say well played son.
At least you weren't alone. If I'd had my way he wouldn't have been lining up at the Gabba, and the same can be said for a lot of other Aussie posters here. Fair play to him for proving us wrong, and long may it continue.

SpofforthLohman

U19 12th Man

Then be thankful it isn't Thommo, he was much quicker at his prime. I do realise that Johnsons pace is not usual these days, he is quick but Thommo was on his own level.

SpofforthLohman

U19 12th Man
At least you weren't alone. If I'd had my way he wouldn't have been lining up at the Gabba, and the same can be said for a lot of other Aussie posters here. Fair play to him for proving us wrong, and long may it continue.
I remember whne Johnson first exploded onto the scene and if I remember correctly he terrorised the South African's but the English press were totally unconvinced and for a long time they seemed to be proven right. I expected Johnson to destroy England on that tour but he just did not rise to the new types of playing conditions he faced there. This seems like revenge served on a very cold dish to me. I am sure Johnson felt he had everything to prove to England, from now on I think he will get the respect he has looked for for a long time. Thing about Mitch is when he is playing bad he is very bad and when he is good he is extraordinary.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah. I don't seriously think anyone with a modicum of common sense really thinks the England chaps aren't trying, but their whole thought process seems shot to ****.

When a team is batting time to save a game the hook is such a zero percentage shot and, **** me sideways, if both of the openers don't perish that way plus Broad and Prior to boot.

It seems to show, especially in the captain's case, evidence of a scrambled mindset. He's a renowned grinder dying a dasher's death.

Last edited:

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Just a thought, but could it be less that they're "spineless pathetic bastards" and more that they've been driven into the ground? If you look at the batsmen who've faced the most balls & bowlers who've bowled the most overs in international cricket in 2013, you come up with these lists:

Code:
[B]Batsman		Balls faced[/B]
Misbah-ul-Haq	3082
[I]Bell 		2915
Cook	 	2626
Root		2529[/I]
de Villiers	2451
[I]Trott		2298[/I]
Clarke		2147
Amla		2021
Sangakkara	1978
Kohli		1956
Code:
[B]Bowler		Overs bowled[/B]
Saeed Ajmal	628.4
Ashwin 		557.1
[I]Anderson	541.2[/I]
[I]Broad		517.5[/I]
Jadeja		484.5
[I]Swann		454.5[/I]
Boult		385
Junaid Khan	383.5
Steyn		374.4
Siddle		373.1
If you go back to the start of 2012, Cook has faced 6436 balls in international cricket - over 1000 more than Michael Clarke, whose 5365 is the second most behind Cook. More worryingly, James Anderson's 1209.2 overs is more than any other bowler. The only other to bowl 1200 overs in that period is Graeme Swann, who has passed that mark by one ball. The quicks with the next highest workloads are Broad, with 1057.2 overs, and Steyn with 854.1. It's astounding that England would treat Jimmy like that.

I'm not particularly surprised that some of them aren't themselves.
Are these just test cricket numbers?

beachbum

Cricket Spectator

Thomo was bowling in tandem with one of the greatest quick's of all time, having those 2 coming at them messed up a lot of heads.

Last edited:

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
This Ashes has been so nostalgic, so much fun. Although the quality of cricket wasn't anywhere near great, except for Johnson's spells, and though it has so one-sided as Burgey's ballsack, I have thoroughly enjoyed this series.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
From what we have seen so far we'd have more fight fielding the ex players in the comm box.

Strauss
Atherton
Vaughan
Gower
Hussain
Botham

Can't do any worse.