• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in New Zealand 2013/14

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
It's ranging from rain stopping to drizzle to heavy rain and thunder.

It'll probably be sunny again at 8 :(

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
McCullum's shot to get out wasn't awful. The slog sweep was on.

Rutherford's was just bad. Dreadful, in fact.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
There's zero chance of getting on by 6. It's still pouring down now and they'd need at least an hour for the ground to dry.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Shane: "Due to NZs failure to take the wickets more quickly yesterday and their awful batting today, I think it's fair to say that Dunedin can't be blamed this time around. I get really tired of people saying that tests shouldn't be played in Dunedin because of the weather - in fact we're a much dryer city than most people think, just a little but colder than some soft people would like. I always worry when time is lost and a draw results that NZ cricket may for a second consider taking test cricket away from our lovely city. It's a common saying down here that the only way to make it rain is to schedule a cricket match!"

I feel like trolling this guy on cricinfo with a no more test for Dunners message.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Nah, shut up. First, it's clearing. Next minute, it's bucketing down. Which is it?

It will fine up five minutes after it's abandoned, won't it?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Rain has slowed somewhat
Random **** on cricinfo disagrees Sid: "In Dunedin and the rain is really heavy now - its big ol fat rain unlike the average drizzle we get to see normally.. no way Tamati and team can get the outfield dry in time even if rain stops."

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
5.17pm So according to Andrew the rain has nearly stopped, but it has fluctuated so don't hold your breath just yet. The groundstaff are currently out and about.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Shane: "Due to NZs failure to take the wickets more quickly yesterday and their awful batting today, I think it's fair to say that Dunedin can't be blamed this time around. I get really tired of people saying that tests shouldn't be played in Dunedin because of the weather - in fact we're a much dryer city than most people think, just a little but colder than some soft people would like. I always worry when time is lost and a draw results that NZ cricket may for a second consider taking test cricket away from our lovely city. It's a common saying down here that the only way to make it rain is to schedule a cricket match!"

I feel like trolling this guy on cricinfo with a no more test for Dunners message.
haha do it

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
it was really heavy. It's stopped now but I don't know how quick they'll be able to dry the outfield, and how soon they'll have to give the teams to get ready.

We need to hear the umpires actually setting a time before we get excited.

Earliest I could see is 5.45.

Which would be max 5 overs. Probably less.