• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2013/14

Ray.

School Boy/Girl Captain
It will be 2-0 both by an innings to South Africa India's test batting lineup is very very inexperienced(Only 3 bats have played in SA..). I can't see them scoring 200 plus once in 4 innings and I it is very unlikely that Indian bowlers are gonna take 20 wickets unless SA prepare greentops. Pujara, Vijay, Rohit looks all FTB's, Dhawan is ****, I mean his temprament technique I can't see him buying a run in the series.

In ODI's however, I can see India winning it as SA team are not that great but you never know that all the FTB's in Indian batting lineup flops.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I just want to see either flair or grit from our players no matter what happens. Losing without seeing either of those would be mildly annoying.

dhillon28

U19 Debutant
This is such an important series for India's future in test cricket. Visiting world's best test team in their backyard. So much new talent, and for first time completely on its own, without any supervision or guidance from India's old guard. Can't wait for it to start (but wtf, it's only 2 tests)
so cruel indeed- i wish it was a four match series. everytime I get excited about the series I feel dejected after remembering that it is only two matches long. BCCI what a joke!!!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Personally i see India struggling to be honest!!..their main strength at home has been Ashwin and Ohja!!..that won't be a factor in South Africa!!..Shami to me looks like he struggles against left-handers!!..against us most of his wickets were the right-handers and most of our right-handers were in the tail.

We all saw how Rampaul had Sharma's number in the ODI series aswell!!..a nagging line just moving away from him gives him issues!!..while Vijay and Dhawan weren't impressive against us either despite the scorelines of the two tests!!..

But yes it's gonna be very interesting!!..i just think Sa's attack will be too much for this young indian top order and it could get ugly if SA get on top early.
Surely this many exclamation marks is worthy of an infraction?

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
It will be 2-0 both by an innings to South Africa India's test batting lineup is very very inexperienced(Only 3 bats have played in SA..). I can't see them scoring 200 plus once in 4 innings and I it is very unlikely that Indian bowlers are gonna take 20 wickets unless SA prepare greentops. Pujara, Vijay, Rohit looks all FTB's, Dhawan is ****, I mean his temprament technique I can't see him buying a run in the series.

In ODI's however, I can see India winning it as SA team are not that great but you never know that all the FTB's in Indian batting lineup flops.
Explain why you think Pujara is an FTB. Made a fantastic ton on that dog of a pitch in Mumbai. No lousy footwork. No apparent short ball issues. Even if he didn't make many runs during his stint in the last SA series, he looked very assured at the crease. Got out to a peach of a delivery from Steyn.

Rohit's footwork is a little weak (though not as weak as Amla's), but not all of his ODI runs this year have come on roads. Many of those pitches in WI and even in the match v. SL in the CT, to a lesser extent, were really dicey. He showed he could handle himself vs the moving ball relatively well.

But oh yeah, **** me, all Indian batsmen must be FTBs by definition

(and just a note: I'm more than happy to call out actual Indian FTBs for the useless chumps they are overseas. Sehwag, Yuvraj, Gambhir, Vijay, Raina are your prototypical FTBs. The jury is still out on Dhawan. Footwork and ability to handle short stuff looks better than it did 2 years ago, but this will be the true test for him)

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
Sehwag, Yuvraj, Gambhir, Vijay, Raina are your prototypical FTBs. The jury is still out on Dhawan. Footwork and ability to handle short stuff looks better than it did 2 years ago, but this will be the true test for him)
Has Vijay even played OS tests yet?

Shri

Mr. Glass
Huh. No one remembers any of his test innings. Hallmark of any Indian opener ready to fade into obscurity.

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
That's not totally fair to him. He played some excellent innings vs. Australia. He just can't bat on a pitch with any real pace

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Frankly this series is a win-win. Either I get to see India putting up a good performance, or I get to drool over Styen-Philander demolition job.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Frankly this series is a win-win. Either I get to see India putting up a good performance, or I get to drool over Styen-Philander demolition job.
yup, a good series for Pujara-Kohli-Rohit really validates how most of us feel about them. :wub:

Marius

International Debutant
I'm planning on going to the 1st day of the Wanderers Test, and possibly the 4th day too, which is the Saturday.

Really hope we smash the Indians.