• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2013/14

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
India had threatened to cancel their tour to South Africa in December-January if CSA appointed Lorgat as their CEO, but later agreed for a shortened series after an assurance that Lorgat would not be involved with matters related to BCCI.

Indian board's uneasiness with Lorgat stemmed from the frosty relationship that the BCCI shared with him during his stint as the ICC Chief Executive. Matters, however, came to a head recently when David Becker, current CSA legal officer and ICC legal adviser when Lorgat was at the helm of affairs of the world body, accused the BCCI of flouting the FTP and its President N Srinivasan of being manipulative.

'Distressed' to have to face an ICC probe: Haroon Lorgat - The Times of India

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
So Dhoni showing that he's preparing for an overseas test series? Bravo! Way to step up and take some extra responsibility, even if he's not really in any formal leadership position...oh wait. Where the hell was this focus on red ball cricket the entire time? Give Dhoni a cookie for this extra effort.

And Sid Monga with a really questionable article on how Dhawan's greatness comes down to Rohit and Vijay shielding him from the ball. Is that something to really celebrate Dhawan for? I don't think it's an intentional strategy, but if it is, why should that make you speak highly of him if he's actively avoiding the strike? Note, he's not saying he should continuously rotate the strike. He's specifically talking about letting someone else take the responsibility of playing tough bowling. The quality Monga lauds Dhawan for supposedly having hardly seems that admirable.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Screw the ODIs. Two FC games should have been held in their place. They could have played one T20 for the revenue thing.

Shri

Mr. Glass
So Dhoni showing that he's preparing for an overseas test series? Bravo! Way to step up and take some extra responsibility, even if he's not really in any formal leadership position...oh wait. Where the hell was this focus on red ball cricket the entire time? Give Dhoni a cookie for this extra effort.

And Sid Monga with a really questionable article on how Dhawan's greatness comes down to Rohit and Vijay shielding him from the ball. Is that something to really celebrate Dhawan for? I don't think it's an intentional strategy, but if it is, why should that make you speak highly of him if he's actively avoiding the strike? Note, he's not saying he should continuously rotate the strike. He's specifically talking about letting someone else take the responsibility of playing tough bowling. The quality Monga lauds Dhawan for supposedly having hardly seems that admirable.
Just the general over the top circlejerk that always happens before every away tour. "They really have a chance to win!" 4-0 later, "Sack Dhoni!".

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The only hopes India have of winning lie with three players - Pujara, Rahane and Shami. I really don't expect much from others; hope I am proven terribly wrong.

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
I know it's fun to say "Why isn't this 3 or 4 tests?" to note the BCCI's bullying, but really is this series as good as it's made out to be? I'll be excited but India do not deserve the #2 ranking. 0-8, losing at home...what have India done to erase that? Whitewashing Australia and West Indies at home hardly seem like enough compensation for such results. This is more like a #1 vs. #4 or #1 vs. #5 given India's resume and ability play in these conditions. If I was a total neutral and not a total cricket nerd, this series deserves a yawn.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I know it's fun to say "Why isn't this 3 or 4 tests?" to note the BCCI's bullying, but really is this series as good as it's made out to be? I'll be excited but India do not deserve the #2 ranking. 0-8, losing at home...what have India done to erase that? Whitewashing Australia and West Indies at home hardly seem like enough compensation for such results. This is more like a #1 vs. #4 or #1 vs. #5 given India's resume and ability play in these conditions. If I was a total neutral and not a total cricket nerd, this series deserves a yawn.
I actually liked the way Dhoni said in the press conference that " This should be a good battle between well positioned teams" instead of "This should be a good battle between the top 2 teams"

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah, much prefer West Indies vs. New Zealand myself.

Wait no I ****ing don't.

Ray.

School Boy/Girl Captain
What if Shikar Dhawan scores a ton on his very first innings? Everyone will be ****ting their pants!
It'll be a 2-0 unless SA do their usual self (Choking)

Heboric

International Debutant
What if Shikar Dhawan scores a ton on his very first innings? Everyone will be ****ting their pants!
It'll be a 2-0 unless SA do their usual self (Choking)
Oh dear this cliche

Its test cricket , the Proteas have shown over and over what they are capable of. Just look what happened when they were in Australia.on the last two occassions.

So please explain how you come by your statement.

Ray.

School Boy/Girl Captain
Oh dear this cliche

Its test cricket , the Proteas have shown over and over what they are capable of. Just look what happened when they were in Australia.on the last two occassions.

So please explain how you come by your statement.
Well the drawn series against Australia in SA, the test they lost against minnows SL... I know they haven't choked recently but Kirsten is gone now....
Anyway they'll just beat India 2-0.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heboric

International Debutant
Well the drawn series against Australia in SA, the test they lost against minnows SL... I know they haven't choked recently but Kirsten is gone now....
Anyway they'll just beat India 2-0.
sigh

Ray.

School Boy/Girl Captain
india will not lose the series, willing to wager my account.
LOL no chance at all. It will be a <removed> both tests by an innings!
In ODI's however India can do something.