• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at The Gabba

Spark

Global Moderator
Former all rounder Ryan Harris is a very very good bat (miles ahead of Siddle), so if the bois play their shots against a hard but not new ball tomorrow they could put on 50-60 runs in not much time, would give Australia a defendable total.
Yeah basically what I want to know is if the tail hangs around and gets close to 350 - which these three are certainly capable of - whether that leaves us well-placed or not.

adub

International Captain
Hopefully the selectors use their brains and drop Haddin after this test.

Man's a genius with the bat in the First Test of an Ashes series (407 runs @ 101.75), but turns into a gimp from the second test on (515 runs @ 27.1) #statoftheday

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah basically what I want to know is if the tail hangs around and gets close to 350 - which these three are certainly capable of - whether that leaves us well-placed or not.
I wouldn't say well placed but well in the game. 350 would be below par (but I don't think par for either of these batting teams is 500 like it was in the old days at Brisbane) but it can also be something to bowl to.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I wouldn't say it would leave Australia well placed as such, but they won't be out of it. I think 350 is probably just par, and it's enough to bowl at. Always swings at Brisbane and I reckon Harris is going to bowl well here (no surprises).

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Despite a brilliant performance from Broad, that was total garbage from Oz as this pitch was a lock for 500 +

With all the qualified ****sticks surrounding the team, surely someone has the brains to tell them not to play at balls 1-2 foot wide of off stump

This series is done unless Australia recovers tomorrow

91Jmay

International Coach
England ahead but struggling to see us scoring 450 at the moment. That said don't trust this Aussie line up at all so a first dig lead of 80 odd would be fine with me. Thought Swan/Root getting through that many overs at a solid economy rate is a real positive to.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have never seen Brad Haddin get runs, he only gets them when I am not watching, it's getting kind of suspicious.

Stapel

International Regular
I can't help but feel this series will turn out to be another not-so-close series. Sure, the Aussies were in a far deeper hole at lunch, but they are still in a series deflating hole, imho. I really hope they climb out of it, but they probably won't.

Hopefully the selectors use their brains and drop Haddin after this test.

Man's a genius with the bat in the First Test of an Ashes series (407 runs @ 101.75), but turns into a gimp from the second test on (515 runs @ 27.1) #statoftheday
I like these kind of selective statistics. Just for fun.
It should be said that an average of 27, batting at 7, is probably not too far behind par. We've been spoiled by Gilchrist and even by Prior and Dhoni. Most test wicket keepers are not that good with the bat.