• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

SRT - How many runs left?

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
And thanks for the "ignore" button on CW. Pretty sure I am getting saved from lot of trash on this thread.

Saint Kopite

First Class Debutant
Sachin is selfish because he wants to leave on high? What? :laugh:

I know this thread is expected to be trolling minefield but some of the stuffs here are really hilarious.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
He's selfishly playing on and holding a player like Rahane back, just to finish on some sort of arbitary high, like the 200 tests record. It's also selfishness because he's avging 20 something since the end of the Aus tour, which is bringing the team down- it partly cost India the home series defeat against England and he's been instrumental in most of the recent indian collapses.

So come on stop being baised. Accept that he's being selfish.

GuyFromLancs

State Vice-Captain
I think if we look at Sachin's respective aims throughout his career, perhaps we can say the following -

89 -92 - cement place in India side, help India win matches

92-04 - Help India win matches, become best batsman in world

04-07 - Help India win matches, prove doubters wrong that I'm finished

07-10 Help India win matches, press on with compiling statistics in wake of Lara retirement

10 - onwards - Consolidate records, bat for longer than Ponting and perhaps as long as Kallis thus ensuring they can't overtake me. Play 200 matches. Score 100 100s at all costs.

His aims have perhaps been skewed since 07. Although he still played some very, very good innings in the 2-3 years following.
Since 2010 he's been on an exercise in personality cult building.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And thanks for the "ignore" button on CW. Pretty sure I am getting saved from lot of trash on this thread.
Sachin is selfish because he wants to leave on high? What? :laugh:

I know this thread is expected to be trolling minefield but some of the stuffs here are really hilarious.
Dammit guys, I was just about to praise the Indian contingent on CW for being less touchy than the English fans throughout this whole Sachin retirement period

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Now, look. I don’t hate Tendulkar, I don’t even dislike him. I like him a hell of a lot more than some of the other ****s on the international circuit right now. What I hate, is this idea…that he is somehow the best, because he is not. Jacques Kallis is the best. There’s one thing in the world that Tendulkar is better at than Kallis is, and that’s getting people to kiss his arse. Kallis is the best cricketer in the world, and has been for a considerable time now, and he’s been vilified and hated on because of it simply because he doesn’t have the rapid, facile and sycophantic fanboy following that Tendulkar has.

In order to reach this level of stardom that Tendulkar has you evidently have to jump through a number of imaginary hoops in order to satisfy various criteria. Having reflected on this for a while, it’s dawned on me that these imaginary hoops are just that. They are completely imaginary. The only thing that is real is that Kallis’ ability is greater than any other batsman out there in the world, and this has been consistently proved day in and day out for god knows how long now. Nobody can touch him. And yet, no matter how many times he proves it, he’s not plastered all over various pieces of merchandise, he’s not on the cover of the matchday program, he’s not on the poster for the cricket world cup, he’s not on ****ty chat shows, but the fact of the matter is that he should be, and trust me, this isn’t sour grapes, but the fact that Tendulkar gets all this despite the fact that he’s been clapped out for the best part of half a decade and Kallis doesn’t makes me sick.

Oh hey, let me get something straight. All of you who are bagging on me for the angle I’m taking on this, you are as big a part of this problem as anyone else. You’re the ones buying this merchandise, staring lovingly at the posters that Kallis’ face isn’t on, you’re the ones buying into this massive media circus which has elevated this clapped out old duffer to Demigod status, and aided what can only be described as a massive vanity project.

Even worse, is that once Tendulkar is gone, some of you fools will continue to buy into this crap. You’re still going to pour money and affection into this nonsense. He’s just a spoke on the wheel. I’d like to think that things will improve upon his retirement, but the fact is his role will only be taken over by the idiotic Virat Kohli or some other idiot. This whole episode, and the huffings and puffings of an old man trying to cling to the status he once had is just reflective of the way that mediocrity is too often mistaken for excellence, and actual excellence is relegated to insignificance. It’s despicable.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
This is not a politics thread, but it's wrong to classify Congress as liberal. They don't really have an ideology. They might sound liberal to outsiders, but when it serves their interest they would support all kind of restrictions on free speech.
So what? Supposedly "liberal" institutions are behind some of the most anti-free speech laws in the entire world. E.g. the EU.

Saint Kopite

First Class Debutant
He's selfishly playing on and holding a player like Rahane back, just to finish on some sort of arbitary high, like the 200 tests record. It's also selfishness because he's avging 20 something since the end of the Aus tour, which is bringing the team down- it partly cost India the home series defeat against England and he's been instrumental in most of the recent indian collapses.

So come on stop being baised. Accept that he's being selfish.
If that makes you happy, sure. :p

Saint Kopite

First Class Debutant
Dammit guys, I was just about to praise the Indian contingent on CW for being less touchy than the English fans throughout this whole Sachin retirement period
Hey! I am not touchy at all. :p

I don't consider him "the best ever batsman" or "much better than Viv Richards and Brian Lara". Yes, He is my favourite player. But, I know the likes of Sir Viv and Lara were as good as him.

OverratedSanity

Now, look. I don’t hate Tendulkar, I don’t even dislike him. I like him a hell of a lot more than some of the other ****s on the international circuit right now. What I hate, is this idea…that he is somehow the best, because he is not. Jacques Kallis is the best. There’s one thing in the world that Tendulkar is better at than Kallis is, and that’s getting people to kiss his arse. Kallis is the best cricketer in the world, and has been for a considerable time now, and he’s been vilified and hated on because of it simply because he doesn’t have the rapid, facile and sycophantic fanboy following that Tendulkar has.

In order to reach this level of stardom that Tendulkar has you evidently have to jump through a number of imaginary hoops in order to satisfy various criteria. Having reflected on this for a while, it’s dawned on me that these imaginary hoops are just that. They are completely imaginary. The only thing that is real is that Kallis’ ability is greater than any other batsman out there in the world, and this has been consistently proved day in and day out for god knows how long now. Nobody can touch him. And yet, no matter how many times he proves it, he’s not plastered all over various pieces of merchandise, he’s not on the cover of the matchday program, he’s not on the poster for the cricket world cup, he’s not on ****ty chat shows, but the fact of the matter is that he should be, and trust me, this isn’t sour grapes, but the fact that Tendulkar gets all this despite the fact that he’s been clapped out for the best part of half a decade and Kallis doesn’t makes me sick.

Oh hey, let me get something straight. All of you who are bagging on me for the angle I’m taking on this, you are as big a part of this problem as anyone else. You’re the ones buying this merchandise, staring lovingly at the posters that Kallis’ face isn’t on, you’re the ones buying into this massive media circus which has elevated this clapped out old duffer to Demigod status, and aided what can only be described as a massive vanity project.

Even worse, is that once Tendulkar is gone, some of you fools will continue to buy into this crap. You’re still going to pour money and affection into this nonsense. He’s just a spoke on the wheel. I’d like to think that things will improve upon his retirement, but the fact is his role will only be taken over by the idiotic Virat Kohli or some other idiot. This whole episode, and the huffings and puffings of an old man trying to cling to the status he once had is just reflective of the way that mediocrity is too often mistaken for excellence, and actual excellence is relegated to insignificance. It’s despicable.
Whole post sounds like an intentional troll but I'll take the bait anyway.
1) Jacques Kallis is an enormously respected cricketer, even in India. Lots of Indian fans consider him a true great of the game. People like Ganguly have gone on record saying Kallis is a better cricketer than Tendulkar but Tendulkar a better batsman. A fair statement
Bit just because kallis is a great cricketer and equally deserving of praise, how is it the Indian fans' fault if he doesn't get enough appreciation? Tendulkar means a lot to these fans, kallis doesn't, no matter how great he may be. No one is stopping Kallis' fans from looking upon him as a god. But why doesn't it happen? Tendulkar means more to his fans than Kallis does to his. Do you agree?

2) The fact that Tendulkar's face is plastered over all these posters is because his retirement affects three-four generations of a billion-strong country. It's obvious why there's so much hype. How you don't understand this is beyond me. It doesn't show he's better than any other great cricketer, it just shows he's got the most fans. I fail to see how this is looked upon as something which disgusts you.

3) Yeah I'll buy merchandise, I'll be in mumbai to see his final test and I'll cherish every moment. You're free to do the same for Kallis since he means that much to you. I won't complain.

4) You sound like someone with absolutely no understanding of why Tendulkar is so popular. Again, it's a BILLION STRONG FANBASE. Kohli, if he turns out as awesome as Tendulkar will probably take up his mantle and be plastered on every square inch of space on Indian streets, because the people are free to be as fanatic as they like in showing their appreciation of their idols.

5)Tendulkar HAS been selfish, even I've been arguing that for a while now, so yes that point I agree

Last edited:

Saint Kopite

First Class Debutant

GuyFromLancs

State Vice-Captain

My problem with SRT is that he's become more like Kallis, despite being a better batsman.

This isn't a dig, I put Kallis as the 5th best batsman I've seen in my 23 years of watching cricket - after Lara, Tendulkar, Ponting and Dravid.

smash84

The Tiger King
Whole post sounds like an intentional troll but I'll take the bait anyway.
1) Jacques Kallis is an enormously respected cricketer, even in India. Lots of Indian fans consider him a true great of the game. People like Ganguly have gone on record saying Kallis is a better cricketer than Tendulkar but Tendulkar a better batsman. A fair statement
Bit just because kallis is a great cricketer and equally deserving of praise, how is it the Indian fans' fault if he doesn't get enough appreciation? Tendulkar means a lot to these fans, kallis doesn't, no matter how great he may be. No one is stopping Kallis' fans from looking upon him as a god. But why doesn't it happen? Tendulkar means more to his fans than Kallis does to his. Do you agree?

2) The fact that Tendulkar's face is plastered over all these posters is because his retirement affects three-four generations of a billion-strong country. It's obvious why there's so much hype. How you don't understand this is beyond me. It doesn't show he's better than any other great cricketer, it just shows he's got the most fans. I fail to see how this is looked upon as something which disgusts you.

3) Yeah I'll buy merchandise, I'll be in mumbai to see his final test and I'll cherish every moment. You're free to do the same for Kallis since he means that much to you. I won't complain.

4) You sound like someone with absolutely no understanding of why Tendulkar is so popular. Again, it's a BILLION STRONG FANBASE. Kohli, if he turns out as awesome as Tendulkar will probably take up his mantle and be plastered on every square inch of space on Indian streets, because the people are free to be as fanatic as they like in showing their appreciation of their idols.

5)Tendulkar HAS been selfish, even I've been arguing that for a while now, so yes that point I agree
Gun post

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Touchy? I don't want to read ****. So I use ignore button. You may continue reading all kinda trash to show you are worthy of love on cw. If you run out of content here, I will give you material from outside this site :p

Last edited:

Burgey

OS, it's not the fact there's a billion fans, it's that three quarters of those fans' lounge rooms look like an overturned Mr Whippy van when he turns a half volley to fine leg for a single.

Indian cricket fans deserve a lot of credit. It takes genuine ****tardery to make people feel animosity towards a bloke like Tendulkar.