• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Welcome to Cricket Web - Cricket Chat

Hooksey

Banned
Hi , I am a hopeless cricket player, although I did learn that bowling a bit back of the length hit a bump that induced a molly grubber that went on to hit the stumps in my next door neighbours back yard. I grew up loving the West Indies annihilate all before them. I have strange dreams where famous cricketers visit my home. After a test in South Africa, (the one Cummins scored the winning runs) I said to Steve Waugh "how good was that?". He just shrugged his shoulders and wanted to talk about his fishing boat, which was parked in my driveway. The other night, I was visiting a friend's house, and he introduced me to a friend who was staying over. It was about 10 minutes before I realised it was Kevin Pietersen. He was actually quite laid back, probably recovering from his ashes celebrations. I thought I better ask him some questions now that I'm a member of the cricket forum. Those members would not expect me to pass up an opportunity like this to ask him some hard-hitting questions. So I asked him what it was like to have to talk about cricket all the time. I know it was all a dream so I didn't have full control over what I was doing. Unfortunately I can't remember the other details, but I'm sure I left out the most interesting bits.

To make a long story short, I appreciate this forum, and to all the nutters out there that enjoy cricket.
Great intro. But you gotta stop eating pizza with all the weird toppings nobody else ever asks for just prior to going to bed.

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
I'm obviously still quite new here...so someone help me out please. Where do you guys discuss daily cricket news, especially about administration politics and that sorta bs (e.g. BCCI v. CSA, Sreesanth's ban, etc)?

Vic Trumper

Cricket Spectator
Hey guys, I'm a kiwi, love my cricket, unfortunately had to pack it in recently thanks to back injuries, but I'm an employed cricket writer/historian and busy with scorer/umpire/coach training.

In terms of teams supported; Bangladesh (long story), neutral in terms of NZ domestic, and support Hamilton in Minor Association cricket.

Cheers.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Hey guys, I'm a kiwi, love my cricket, unfortunately had to pack it in recently thanks to back injuries, but I'm an employed cricket writer/historian and busy with scorer/umpire/coach training.

In terms of teams supported; Bangladesh (long story), neutral in terms of NZ domestic, and support Hamilton in Minor Association cricket.

Cheers.
Very warm welcome - thrilled to have a professional cricket writer in our midst. Look forward to seeing you in the NZ vs Bangers thread.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member

Cheers.
Good to have you here.

There are quite a few kiwis on here so it's a nice little community. You might notice the odd conspiracy theory about player/coach allegiances and controversies - these are not meant to be taken seriously and are for the most part just random speculation. Just thought i'd point that out since it seems you might have had a bit to do with some players or coaches in the NZ scene.

Vic Trumper

Cricket Spectator
Cheers Hurricane, great to be here.

Haha, Hendrix, don't worry about me and such things. I'm NotBaz McCullum on Twitter, so I have plenty of fun with such things...

I'm terrible with sarcasm, so you should probably only take about 20% of what I say seriously anyway!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
What's the protocol on creating new threads? Or is there a West Indies Tour of India thread that I missed?
Feel free to start an ***Official*** tour thread whenever you like, as long as another one for that tour doesn't already exist. One of the mods will 'sticky' it when they feel the time is right.

TommoHawk

Cricket Spectator
Hi I am Tommy. From NZ, big Scott Styris fan, Bahnz's best friend. Throughout our nearly decade-long friendship cricket has grown on me, much like a fungus.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Hi I am Tommy. From NZ, big Scott Styris fan, Bahnz's best friend. Throughout our nearly decade-long friendship cricket has grown on me, much like a fungus.
I think I posted a welcome in another thread where I first noticed you. Any fan of Scott Styris sounds like a good bloke. My first post on CW was extolling his virtues.

TommoHawk

Cricket Spectator
Why thank you :) I must admit to dressing up in fancy dress to support him at the Wgtn Stadium (Star Trek uniforms haha)