• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Welcome to Cricket Web - Cricket Chat

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
"1 innings"?

I have a question.
Why plural form is used in the case of 1 innings?
In the grammar of English, 1 must be singular form.:unsure:

Dissector

International Debutant
I stopped following the game at 80/8 ; since then an impressive turnaround and if their bowling was at full strength you would have given SA half a chance.

Crumbs

Cricket Spectator
Hello, newb checking in. Relative latecomer to serious cricket appreciation - although early memories of childhood summers largely feature Richie's voice on C4, Merv's tache, and what seemed like one long England collapse. So the bug bit early. These days it bit again thanks to a combination of insomnia and Robelinda's youtube channel. Seriously addictive stuff.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Hello, newb checking in. Relative latecomer to serious cricket appreciation - although early memories of childhood summers largely feature Richie's voice on C4, Merv's tache, and what seemed like one long England collapse. So the bug bit early. These days it bit again thanks to a combination of insomnia and Robelinda's youtube channel. Seriously addictive stuff.
Welcome mate.

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
Hey, cabinet knows me. I was born and raised in the United States, and culturally identify as an American, though yes I'm of Indian origin. Please don't let my background fool you...I've been watching and following cricket since the days it was televised through Kelly Broadcasting in the late 90s. I used to consider myself Indian supporter and probably subconsciously still am, but I'm closer to neutral than most cricket fans id think. I like to follow what's going on in domestic fc and A tours; mainly follow Ranji since willowtv only televises those domestic fc matches (and I've mainly followed Indian cricket) but I've tried to become more knowledgeable about CC and Shield in the past couple of years.

Hobbyhorse causes:
Modernizing test cricket while still keeping what makes test cricket great
Criticizing negative play (I'm looking at you MSD)
Defending Rohit Sharma from his haters

Fave batsman to watch: Laxman
Fave batsman to root for: Chanders
Fave spin bowler: Warne
Fave seam up bowler: Wasim or Waqar

wiff

First Class Debutant
Hi , I am a hopeless cricket player, although I did learn that bowling a bit back of the length hit a bump that induced a molly grubber that went on to hit the stumps in my next door neighbours back yard. I grew up loving the West Indies annihilate all before them. I have strange dreams where famous cricketers visit my home. After a test in South Africa, (the one Cummins scored the winning runs) I said to Steve Waugh "how good was that?". He just shrugged his shoulders and wanted to talk about his fishing boat, which was parked in my driveway. The other night, I was visiting a friend's house, and he introduced me to a friend who was staying over. It was about 10 minutes before I realised it was Kevin Pietersen. He was actually quite laid back, probably recovering from his ashes celebrations. I thought I better ask him some questions now that I'm a member of the cricket forum. Those members would not expect me to pass up an opportunity like this to ask him some hard-hitting questions. So I asked him what it was like to have to talk about cricket all the time. I know it was all a dream so I didn't have full control over what I was doing. Unfortunately I can't remember the other details, but I'm sure I left out the most interesting bits.

To make a long story short, I appreciate this forum, and to all the nutters out there that enjoy cricket.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Hi , I am a hopeless cricket player, although I did learn that bowling a bit back of the length hit a bump that induced a molly grubber that went on to hit the stumps in my next door neighbours back yard. I grew up loving the West Indies annihilate all before them. I have strange dreams where famous cricketers visit my home. After a test in South Africa, (the one Cummins scored the winning runs) I said to Steve Waugh "how good was that?". He just shrugged his shoulders and wanted to talk about his fishing boat, which was parked in my driveway. The other night, I was visiting a friend's house, and he introduced me to a friend who was staying over. It was about 10 minutes before I realised it was Kevin Pietersen. He was actually quite laid back, probably recovering from his ashes celebrations. I thought I better ask him some questions now that I'm a member of the cricket forum. Those members would not expect me to pass up an opportunity like this to ask him some hard-hitting questions. So I asked him what it was like to have to talk about cricket all the time. I know it was all a dream so I didn't have full control over what I was doing. Unfortunately I can't remember the other details, but I'm sure I left out the most interesting bits.

To make a long story short, I appreciate this forum, and to all the nutters out there that enjoy cricket.
welcome...