• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Bangladesh & Sri Lanka 2013

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
I don't know whether to laugh at him getting out to Devcich or cry that Devcich is booking his spot in the side.

Devcich is a "utility allrounder" btw. He's not meant to be a batsman.
Just wait till the Sri Lanka series, with the ATG opening partnership of Devcich and Nicol

Taylor :wub:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
seriously this is **** captaincy, you can't just leave the spinners on forever and think the batsman won't eventually figure out that they're actually Devcich and NcCullum.

vandem

International 12th Man
they should bring back Milne now that he can have some protection for those tinarse slogs
Agree, too long with the spinners, are being milked for singles and now in danger of some big hitting. Time for pace, there are three seamers so one bowls now and two in powerplay.

Edit - oops, while I was correcting my spelling, the inevitable happened ...

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Agree, too long with the spinners, are being milked for singles and now in danger of some big hitting. Time for pace, there are three seamers so one bowls now and two in powerplay.

Edit - oops, while I was correcting my spelling, the inevitable happened ...
Yeah, the commentators were acting like 5 RPO is good bowling, forgetting that there's still another powerplay to come and 10 overs of slogs at the end. It's like they haven't watched an ODI before.

Flem274*

123/5
If we lose this Mills will ignore his own figures and seriously try to kil someone.

I do hope his short filth wasn't him getting a rush of blood and trying to impose himself on the game in a fashion that doesn't really work for him.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Well, fair to say we've been absolutely, comprehensively thrashed in this series. Moreover, the planning and tactics - whether they're building for the world cup or not - have been poor beyond belief.

Neesham and Anderson have performed well above expectation with the ball, and Southee has been exceptional, but we've had not a single decent slow bowler in conditions where they're vital. Someone like Hira might have been an acceptable addition to the side, but one gets the feeling that he's part of a now numerous group of players who've been blacklisted.

Taylor and Southee are the only senior players to have performed. Neesham, Anderson and Munro's performances should really be considered a bonus. Devcich's performance today should be considered an extreme bonus.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
haha oh god here we are, and he's never going to back down either, so we're definitely going to get 5 Mills death overs.

bowl a beamer Millsy

Flem274*

123/5
Well, fair to say we've been absolutely, comprehensively thrashed in this series. Moreover, the planning and tactics - whether they're building for the world cup or not - have been poor beyond belief.

Neesham and Anderson have performed well above expectation with the ball, and Southee has been exceptional, but we've had not a single decent slow bowler in conditions where they're vital. Someone like Hira might have been an acceptable addition to the side, but one gets the feeling that he's part of a now numerous group of players who've been blacklisted.

Taylor and Southee are the only senior players to have performed. Neesham, Anderson and Munro's performances should really be considered a bonus. Devcich's performance today should be considered an extreme bonus.
The cynic in me suspects we would have lost this series regardless of our team sheet. Bangladesh are confident playing against us and New Zealand are notorious for falling over when they feel something really really matters, like a world cup semi or not losing a series to Bangladesh again...

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
The cynic in me suspects we would have lost this series regardless of our team sheet. Bangladesh are confident playing against us and New Zealand are notorious for falling over when they feel something really really matters, like a world cup semi or not losing a series to Bangladesh again...
yeah, that's probably true.

a number of Bangladeshi players have performed this series. Full credit to them.

Mike5181

International Captain
Mattress > Hira anyway.

It's really only been our top three that's been really bad selection-wise, and it was always going to be bad without Guptill/Williamson.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Argh this kiwi commentator needs muting.. TIME FOR THE RED LIGHT

what happened to cricket commentary?

GO THE TIGERS, PUNCHING AND JABBING

Last edited: