• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan v South Africa in UAE

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Significantly over-stating their ability - For me none of Aus, Pakistan or NZ would take them both.
sorry I didn't mean take them both at the same time, I meant take either of them in the top for. I think Aus would take both of them at 3 and 4 (who even knows who the Aussie 3 and 4 are these days).
NZ would take either of them over Williamson as it stands (maybe not Taylor) - an average of 34 is nothing to write home about even though he looks good. Pakistan would probably take one of them at 3. Obviously Zimbabwe and Bangladesh would take them both.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As if Australia, NZ or Pakistan wouldn't take one as an opener as well as the other if they had the option of take them or leave them.

Howe_zat

Audio File
except for perhaps England and India - and probably Sri Lanka I'm struggling to think which other countries wouldn't want them in the top 4 tbh
Really that's far more than you can chew given they're not openers. Most nations would take at least one in the middle order I grant you.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I would include one of them as an opener in some teams just because I think they are better players than other openers at test level, certainly faf I believe to be an excellent player who could open

EDIT: lol - didn't actually see Howe's post there

salman85

International Debutant
It's official : Pakistan 1-0 South Africa :cool:

Don't see SA coming back from this one. Even if Pakistan collapse, i expect them to have a lead of around 140-150 odd when SA come in to bat for the second time. Ajmal and Zulfiqar to wrap up things and knock SA over for less than 250.

See you in the 2nd match Styen. Manzoor sends his kisses :D

Flem274*

123/5
I'd take Fap in a heartbeat tbh.

Bit more cautious with Duminy since I have no idea what his go is these days - all I know is he struggled for a long time after his great start, especially with the short ball, and scored a few flat track tons and then he broke something in Australia.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Duminy was pretty good in England I thought - contributes a bit with the ball I think nowadays as well

salman85

International Debutant
Asad is such a talented player.Really needs an extended run in the side,which i'm glad he's getting off late.

Also,Misbah getting a ton would be the icing on the cake.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
South Africa winning is still my best outcome slightly but not by much.
Pretty good to just sit back and just enjoy a win-win-win situation. I'm on the draw so stay in Misbah and bat even slower if you like.. I think that was a good decision to overturn that..

smash84

The Tiger King
Ideally Pakistan would like to bat until lunch tomorrow and not want to bat again........SA would be hoping Steyn gets some reverse and gets misbah and then clean the tail

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Ideally Pakistan would like to bat until lunch tomorrow and not want to bat again........SA would be hoping Steyn gets some reverse and gets misbah and then clean the tail
Ideally yeah but if Pakistan get to bowl 8-10 overs tonight with a lead of 250 it would be great for them too, especially if they can pick up a wicket.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Steyn finally gets one. Even I'd they polish off the tail quickly it's going to take a massive effort with the bat to save this. I think Ajmal will come into play a lot more in the second innings