• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
If you can, find some highlights of McCarthy's keeping against the Reds on Saturday, he was absolutely incredible. One of the best performances I've ever seen from a keeper.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Really good half. City been excellent Monday and today, how did they manage to get themselves so far behind United?
We played like puss over Christmas and early new year. Not really sure how. If the league had a mid-winter break I honestly think we'd be winning the league.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
We played like puss over Christmas and early new year. Not really sure how. If the league had a mid-winter break I honestly think we'd be winning the league.
Think Injuries and the squad players not being great cost you guys. Last season you were a bit lucky in that respect.

But anyways, Irrespective of City United are headed for a comfortable 90+ points total. Would be one of the highest point totals in Prem history (could end up being the highest still, depending on how bothered the players are at the end and the form which has taken a dip after the Madrid game).

We haven't been great but been very efficient in terms of getting results and rotating the squad around.

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Di Canio such a nut, but such good value. haha.
Yeah, gave Sunderland a good boost yesterday. Think it might work well in the Short term actually, like O'neill did last season but he is just too erratic too be more long term.

Will be entertaining either ways.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah you had a dip around the same time last year with Kompany missing some games and Yaya going to AFCON.

Weird how the top teams seem to follow the same pattern- Citeh start and end well with a dip in January, Chelsea start and end well with a huge dip in between, Spurs gradually tail off, Arsenal gradually tail up and United start off slow but come good after Christmas.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Kun should have been off for that.
Just saw it for the first time now - an absolute shocker.

Though in what will come as a surprise to no one, it's been confirmed that Chris Foy's awarding of nothing more than a free kick means that it was dealt with in-game and so no further action will be taken. Lucky, lucky boy.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
There was also a good pen shout. Kompany had so much of Torres' shirt Foy was going to give Nando a yellow for taking his shirt off.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah you had a dip around the same time last year with Kompany missing some games and Yaya going to AFCON.

Weird how the top teams seem to follow the same pattern- Citeh start and end well with a dip in January, Chelsea start and end well with a huge dip in between, Spurs gradually tail off, Arsenal gradually tail up and United start off slow but come good after Christmas.
You forgot about Liverpool who are always good next season

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
How was Reid?
Lively. Raw, very raw, and you could see him making errors and going down blind alleys, but he was willing to go forward and take things on. Second goal was a good strike, across the keeper from a tight angle (after I thought Davies had just played an aimless ball to nothing), but the first was a scuffed shot that should never have got past anyone).

Was a decent game, actually, and a fair result as they could have nicked it at the end and were the best side in the last half-hour. We're not good enough to go up anyway, not enough depth. Next year...

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lively. Raw, very raw, and you could see him making errors and going down blind alleys, but he was willing to go forward and take things on. Second goal was a good strike, across the keeper from a tight angle (after I thought Davies had just played an aimless ball to nothing), but the first was a scuffed shot that should never have got past anyone).

Was a decent game, actually, and a fair result as they could have nicked it at the end and were the best side in the last half-hour. We're not good enough to go up anyway, not enough depth. Next year...
I've said it before, but it's amazing how we've never created a half-decent striker from the yoof ranks. I think I could probably name two dozen that showed promise in the reserves. So we live in hope rather than expectation.

Yeah, I wanted the play-offs more for the financial thing, but if we were to go up next season would be torment.

Think Tis needs to start putting these youngsters in now, we've had plenty of debutants this year, and everyone says this is a good crop of kids, so lets try them out.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Big game for both Arsenal and Everton tonight. Both sides will no doubt be going for the win, so should be a good watch.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
It would make the top 4 race really interesting if Everton picked tonight to finally break their winning-away-against-anyone-good duck.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, it really would. A win for either side would really pile the pressure on Chelsea and Spurs actually. Would be hilarious if somehow both of them failed to qualify.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Chelsea finishing 6th would be a little piece of heaven.

I think Arsenal will make the top 4 whether they win tonight or not - the only other game in their run-in which would be considered really tough is United at home in two weeks, by which time the League may even already be decided. Everton have to win this one though - they're the ones with the most ground to make up and they've still got Liverpool and Chelsea (both away) to come.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I think if Arsenal win today they'll be within touching distance, or at least they should be. If they fail to qualify they will only have themselves to blame. I think Spurs and Chelsea will probably drop more points over the last few games, so a few more wins ought to be enough to secure at least 4th place.